Monday, August 06, 2007

away again


Ari and I will be leaving the garden and the farm for a week while we visit my sister. Another plane ride with a toddler, this one all by myself. I'm a wee bit nervous about that part, but I have my carry-on stuffed with entertainment- stickers and playsilks and an old wallet, and books and more books. And once we arrive it will be all on toddler time- walks and trips to the park and lots of Auntie and Uncle snuggles.



The idea when I planned the trip was that I would be leaving when the big machines came to make noise and tear apart pieces of our home, but unfortunately the contractors have been waylaid and we will be arriving back just in time for all the noise and action. And the delay will also mean the work going well into the school year which means us living out of boxes while Perry is back at school, which wasn't really the plan. But these things don't ever go as planned, do they?


The garden should be brimming with good things to eat by the time we are back. And I'll have to dream up something to do will all this kale when I get home.

6 comments:

  1. The garden is looking great! Enjoy your trip! I am sure Ari will!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a good trip! Something that Jack enjoys along the lines of stickers are colorforms. A bit hard to find, but worth picking up if you see them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck- have a wonderful visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. have a lovely time away! i'm sorry that the timing didn't work out as planned, but i'm sure you'll have a lovely time with your sister. take care, m x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can identify with your nervousness about the plane trip. I've taken several plane trips to my in-laws with two small lively boys. Oh dear. They just can't handle waiting around at airports. But they love aeroplanes, so perhaps they'll have great memories.

    ReplyDelete