Friday, December 14, 2007

a floor sander, a sleepy baby, and me.

Here are my feet on the smoothest, loveliest floors north of Vancouver. Also pictured is my dear friend the floor sander for whom I have developed a strong affection. I really couldn't have done it without her hard work and dedication.

I do not have a picture of the other things that have been going on around here, because after the big push to get the floors sanded and varathaned, (not totally done yet) I started going a little crazy. I have been in serious denial about how much work there still is to do and how quickly the time has gone. I actually counted how many days we have left before this house we are staying in fills up with guests and relatives (not our own,) and I started panicking. I have been managing to keep it together with being out-of-home all these months, but something about the idea of not having a home during the holidays makes me want to sit down and cry. And with Perry working full time, there isn't much I can do during the day towards getting the project done. Construction zones just aren't good places for toddlers. So I started crafting. What else is a girl to do?

I don't have any pictures of projects just yet, they are all in a big heap in the corner of the room we are living in, and I keep forgetting to take out the camera. I will. That is something else I can do while I twiddle my thumbs waiting for Perry to get home so we can get some work done.

I do have a photo of my adorable boy sleeping, however. This nap (when was it? I can't remember, it's all a blur,) was an exceptional one, he just fell asleep while reading books to himself. This never happens. Never ever ever. This terrific, wonderful baby of mine is not wonderfully terrific at sleep. It is not his strongest trait shall we say. So a nap in a pile of books is most certainly photo worthy.

And I am still holding out hope of being in our house before the the holidays. I envision our beds set up in the bedrooms, a christmas tree with a few decorations (I've been sewing those, we've never actually had a tree before) and not much else, but creating a special little family space for ourselves. If we really work really really hard...maybe...

3 comments:

  1. Those floors are going to be absolutely fantastic! I have pictures in my mind of Ari wearing dusters on his feet and sliding up and down the floor like an ice skater!!

    I do hope that you can be home for Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sending positive thoughts your way on getting into the house before Christmas. And your son is just exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The floor looks great! We are going to be doing that pretty soon, can't wait for the dusty mess ;o)

    ReplyDelete