My artist boy has been hard at work lately. He loves his block crayons (which give off the delicious smell of beeswax as he works,) and he has a favorite green pen that he will happily use for ages, scribbling intently, filling up a whole page of green.
We have been keeping his supplies out on the kitchen table and he just hops up several times a day to partake in his ongoing creations.
Which sometimes involve a little body art.
He is just beginning to do representational drawings, which is pretty exciting. Today it was "boats, stars, and mooooooonnnnnns!" and here is one of some babies. Clearly.
He is also moving on to ever bigger and broader canvases. Although he always enjoys his chalkboard for spontaneous drive-by artworks, he has found the primed, but unpainted surface of his bedroom door especially appealing. This one is entitled "puple." And his parents learned that washable markers are not washable on unpainted surfaces.
We are lucky, I suppose, to have an artist do his work directly on the walls. Cuts out the framing costs.
I thought of you and your Ari when I wrote about babes at the table! Beeswax block crayons... Did you know, I store up the wisdom and ways with him that you discuss on this blog for when we have children of our own. (and I've been meaning to tell you but am notoriously bad at responses - Thank you! for the comments you've left on my posts recently - they are so encouraging!)
ReplyDeleteThat made me smile! I love the "at least it keeps the framing costs down" - but remember what happened to that masterpiece The Last Supper painted directly onto the walls, walls that were entirely unsuitable for maintaining such a masterpiece across the centuries! This may help to preserve your walls!
ReplyDeleteParticularly loved the babies!!
Aaack! What great artwork. And I have enjoyed my few minutes here on your blog playing catch up. You are an amazing mother. Thanks for the smiles and grins here.
ReplyDeleteWhat great art Ari is making. Did you ever read Young at Art by Susan Striker? Excellent book.
ReplyDeleteYou have a great attitude about him doing his art on your walls.
sweet ari! i love this post. you have such a light and kind of looking at things.
ReplyDeleteI love the multi coloured drawing. Cheerful! My babes draw with felt tip pens everywhere - including my socks!
ReplyDelete