
I am sewing a closet curtain with this fieldguide print. I love the print a lot, but it might look a little quilt-y up on the wall, I'll have to see how I feel about it once it's up. I've never tried to sew such a big thing before and getting it square is challenging, especially since the print isn't square on the fabric. It sort of matches the wonkiness of our home with its many imperfect angles (some are Dr.Seuss-esque, but it's all part of that built-by-someone-a-long-time-ago-who-didn't-know-what-they-were-doing, charm) but I bet there are women pulling their hair out at this very moment, trying to get this fabric to look non-wonky on their lovely quilts.

I just got my first issue of "
Living Crafts" in the mail, and I love it. My sister got the subscription for me for christmas, (thanks sis!) and it is full of great ideas and patterns and cute stuff.

I had to try out the knitted bunny pattern straight away since is is so simple and cute and I was in need of something to do with my hands. It is just a knitted square sewed up into this teeny little bunny shape.

Mine is a wistful sort, staring out at the snow, knowing it wouldn't last a minute out there with its dark coat. It would have been kinder to knit it in white. Best to stay in the basket in my studio till Easter, little bunny, when a little boy will snuggle you and keep you safe from predators.

I have been enjoying the collaborative photo journal
Six One Way a lot, and noticed that
Eren and
Stefani had a invited other mama's to participate in the project- documenting the everyday moments of motherhood in 3 photos at the beginning of each week. I think I'll give it a go- it is a fun way to look at all the little moments, a simple record.
I am sure that the curtain will look great! The print looks fun and I like the idea of it adding to your Dr Seuss style house! I also love the bunny!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see your weekly pictures - the ones you post always make me smile!
oh my oh my, that wistful little bunny! just too gosh darn sweet...
ReplyDeleteI loved the bunny!
ReplyDeleteoh what a sweet bunny! that looks like a great magazine.
ReplyDeleteI am inspired by those very same pages in Living Crafts! I'm so glad you made that bunny. I think I can handle a knitted square.
ReplyDeleteOh, thanks for the mag. recommendation. Im off to get my own subscription. And of course for the sixoneway mention. So glad to have you friend.
ReplyDeleteI love the wistful bunny! I think I know how she feels. Thanks for the link to your magazine. I've never seen that one before.
ReplyDeleteCute bunny! I need to check out that magazine.
ReplyDelete