Wednesday, February 20, 2008

moose and a mei tai

Ari wanted to wear his "Sammybaby" in the "bact-pact" today, and they looked so sweet going about their important business together. I thought about making Ari his own little mei tai, as the straps are so very long on this one, but the sewing time seems rather lean around here lately. I'll put it on the ever growing list.

And we woke up to this sweet visitor in our yard this morning- she was still laying in a little snow bed behind our house, and as the sun rose higher we watched her get up and amble over to our willow tree for a snack. We watched her for a good while, and Ari talked about it all day. He told my mom on the phone, "moose eatin'... moose poopin'... bye bye moose." Which pretty much sums up the sighting.

10 comments:

  1. Oh my! A moose in your garden! I am a huge moose fan and it was only on my trip to Colorado last autumn that I finally managed to see my first moose - how exciting to have one wander into your garden!

    Ari and Sammy look so cute! I hadn't realised how big Sammy was - beautifully made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ari is so cute carrying his doll around! that is super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool moose! That must have been a neat sight for your little one ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a very good description of a moose sighting. I have to say that I'm always relieved when it is time for "bye bye moose". We have a lot of them around here and they seem to be particulary cranky this winter. I've gotten stuck in the car before while a group of moose hung out in front of the house door. I think they were mocking me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all those pictures. I'm amazed--a moose in your yard!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been reading your blog for a while now but this is my first time commenting :). Your little one looks so sweet with his baby on his back. Just darling! And the moose is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! My boys would have been in heaven to have seen a real moose!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was just thinking the same thing today (re:toddler mei tai). Galen is so into carrying his new teddy bear around. He was pleased as punch when I tied it up on him with a long play scarf. I doubt I will ever get to it, but I was thinking that a little mini mei tai would be so cute! Was also thinking that it would be nice if he could get it on and off himself, maybe long strips of velcro? hmm...

    We've only had one moose sighting here before. My boys still talk about it. They are always hoping to see it again. We've found tracks and scat, but so far no more sightings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that moose! How exciting to have one in your yard. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, what a delightful and magical blog you have created! I am enchanted by it! My parents site moose at their place too sometimes - they live in MN. And I adore seeing your little one carrying the "baby". thank you so much for stopping by today and leaving me a comment so I could find you! I hope your blog break won't be too long! Enjoy it though!

    ReplyDelete