Friday, February 22, 2008

sleepy friday

Oh how I love fridays! The prospect of the whole weekend with two parents at home, some time to spend with my love, and perhaps even some moments to myself. We are all tired by the end of the week, ready for a break from our respective jobs. So this is a little sleepy post with not much focus before I head off to bed.

I was complaining in my last post about not having sewing time these days, which is mostly true, but I have been puttering away here and there and have not posted anything here in a bit. This is a little ribbon blanket made for a new baby. He's not actually that new anymore, and I have not yet given him the gift, but I'll get there. His big sister's gifts are not done yet and are holding things up. I made another one of these- with apples fabric and owl trim, but gave it away before I photographed it. They were good fun to make though, and pretty fast.

And I am also starting to hand sew some felt food for Ari. We hope to get him a wooden play kitchen for his birthday in a few months and I figure I should make or thrift as many of the accessories as possible. And he is enjoying playing with them now, without the kitchen.
His most favorite toys these days are his animals though. It is such fun to watch his little imagination emerge. These guys go with him all over the house, and can be seen dancing, climbing (especially the kitty!) and kissing at various points in the day. This little scene he set up so carefully, every animal and person needing their own little block to stand on. He would just lie on on his belly on the floor and look at all those animals on their towers. We bought the plastic animals as bath toys, but they certainly are not staying in the bath. There is currently a cow and a sheep on the kitchen table, a goose and cat on the living room floor, a deer on top of the farmhouse and the rooster went to bed with him, tucked into the crook of his arm.
Which is currently where I am headed (no rooster under my arm, just a good book.) Goodnight!

7 comments:

  1. I love it all--the blanket, the kitchen toys, and those wooden animals! I love the little scene he set up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blanket is adorable - I like the little train ribbon detail.

    Ahh, felt food - I've been making that for almost a year and a half - it's alot of fun. My first one was an egg. Your food turned out great! We bought our children their kitchen from Willow Toys - similar to Elves and Angels but a much smaller company. We really like them.

    I covet your wooden animals - I keep looking at them but keep staying away because of the price - we have the cheap Imagiplay wooden figures which aren't bad but don't have the beauty nor workmanship that your do. Over the weekend our Imagiplay wooden barn broke!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the tag blanket. My 7 month old would have fun with something like that right about now, because he likes to play with the tags on stuffed animals. The felt food is turning out great too, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweet, sweet, sweet. . . I want to come over and play!

    ReplyDelete
  5. all such wonderful toys...i want to come over and play too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahh- the felt food! how wonderful- that has been on my to-do list for so long... i really must make some! and ari with his sammy in the backpack is almost too much for my heart to bear... thank you sharing him with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My two older daughters (ages 6 and 4) love their little animals, it's their favorite toy. They have the plastic Schleich brand ones. Where do you get the wood animals from?

    ReplyDelete