Tuesday, September 30, 2008

hanging in

Actually we are doing a lot more than just hanging in as we wait for this baby to arrive. We are enjoying these beautiful fall days and I am loving having a little bit of "extra" time to get myself prepared. I am already 10 days past how far I got in my last pregnancy, and I am feeling ready now- which I never really felt last time, I was so taken by surprise by the early birth.

::Our apple harvest, 12 apples in all- but 12 tasty apples::

We saw our midwife today, a lovely home visit, and it is looking good for a home birth. I am feeling pretty thrilled about that. And I am so excited to meet this new little person.

And lovin' up this little guy I've got, who seems to get sweeter and cuter all the time. He's been enjoying the warm weather and this keyboard we've got on loan- making up all sorts of delicious toddler tunes.

Lucky baby gets a brilliant singer/songwriter as a big brother. May come in handy when I run dry on lullabies.

5 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are in a wonderfully peaceful place. What a perfect time for this little one to be welcomed into the world! I've been thinking of you often and wondering how you are getting along.

    Oh, I think we might be stealing your bead painting idea today. Seems like a good way to entertain a sick toddler on a dark and rainy day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy that it looks like a homebirth will be happening for you after all! Keep on enjoying these last days of rest and anticipation :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post radiates peace. I remember that calm feeling that I felt when I was close to giving birth. Such a wonderful feeling.
    Where you live is beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog and I love it. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. how exciting! all the best, ill have my fingers crossed for a safe home birth for you and bubs. what a beautiful place to live. id love to know how you did the nose of Ari's waldorf doll, ive been making a few dolls but the pattern i have doesnt have a nose

    ReplyDelete