Saturday, December 20, 2008

baby it's cold outside


Okay, this cold is getting old now. Sure it is nice to sit by the woodstove and knit, and heaven knows I have a pile of handmade items in need of finishing. But lordy, this cold! It had been over a week now with temperatures really is too cold to got outside- it is currently minus 30 and windy, a nasty combination. Our solstice sleigh ride we had scheduled for tomorrow is cancelled, as is our annual forest picnic. We are all getting a little snaky from being inside our house so much and our little town really has very few indoor options to be with kids. I'm afraid there is a little more grumpiness than festiveness right now as we try to occupy the active two-year-old indoors day after day. The baby refused to nap today too, making it hard to get much done.
Alright. There. I'm done my whining. Now let us focus on something small and sweet and delicious, shall we?

There. That's better.

1 comment:

  1. I'm eager to see the finished embroidery! They look so lovely so far. I'm wondering what they are to be? Stockings perhaps?

    ReplyDelete