Monday, March 09, 2009
I wish I had pictures to share of the fundraiser this weekend, but the shots I took were not great, and all had faces of folks who might not appreciate being posted in blog land. It went really well though, we raised $5000 and had lots of fun doing it. There were 45 kids at one count, most under the age of 5, and music and good food and beautiful handmade things for the auction. Makes me feel lucky to live where I do, where people will pull together, knit a hat or bake a cake or sing a song to help out a family who is needing some love. And the baby girl is doing well, nursing and smiling and recovering quickly from her surgery. Feeling lucky.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a great contribution! $5000 is a lot and it's even better that people had fun whilst doing it!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful community!
ReplyDeleteThat we was me that commented under my husbands Google account, oops.
ReplyDelete