Thursday, July 30, 2009

camping at the lake

Hello, Hello. I have such a backlog of photos on the computer and posts floating around in my brain, I have a hard time jumping back in here. So I will start by posting photos from our little camping adventure which we just returned from a few hours ago. We went with my mom and aunt and cousin who are up for a visit, and had this lovely lake to ourselves (well, us and the 30 thousand black flies that is. The other campers obviously had got the memo on where the fly-less sites were located. Oh well. We had fun anyway.) Playing and crawling and nursing in the tent to take some breaks from the critters. Both boys were rather thrilled with tenting, and slept pretty well in there. And it was a nice cool break from our overheated bedrooms at home. Because it has been so hot here! It was 37 degrees up on the farm yesterday. That never happens here.
So swimming in the lake was a treat. D. would have happily sat in there all day. And A. enjoyed feeding black flies to the minnows. Good fun.
We took turns walking the baby, who suddenly wants only to move about this way. He is so very proud of this new trick.
Board games and reading bedtime stories with a lantern and my mom's yummy gourmet camping food. We've decided camping is fun.

4 comments:

  1. It looks like a beautiful adventures (even with the flies!) I had heard it was really hot - my friends in Victoria were sleeping in tents in the garden. Here it's just cool and grey! A typical scottish summer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bedtime stories with a lantern! That is indeed dreamy. Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning lake! We slept in a tent in the garden for about a week when it was really hot. Nothing beats going camping with children. We're going with two 15 year olds, a ten year old and a seven year old in 2 weeks' time, and they all enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your photos. What a fun trip you had! Dieter and I slept outside in the tent last weekend and it was so fun--even just in the back yard.

    ReplyDelete