Dorian has has been changing and growing and learning so much lately and I've been feeling like I want to preserve it all somehow. He is so much fun, such a happy and contented little guy, often off playing his own games- he loved the wooden cars and the toy animals and the pots and pans. He has been practicing his jumping lately- which is so outrageously cute as his feet don't leave the ground despite enormous energetic attempts and a big proud grin. He also has some groovy shoulder-shrugging-head-bopping--spin around dance moves that are very fine.Tonight he learned how to play the kazoo just in time to join Ari's "band," and he was so very proud of himself. (If you would like to picture this scene for a moment- Mama and Papa snuggled on the chair with the boys on the couch singing and ukulele-ing and kazooing for all they're worth, us holding in our laughter at the cuteness of it, them, ever so earnest about their performance. We do keep each other entertained over here.)
He is talking a bunch these days- his newest words are "moomie" (smoothie,) "up" (for up, down, out etc.) "hot" (for hot, cold, or otherwise uncomfortable,) "pop pop" (popcorn,) "oooohhh noooo!" when something has gone wrong and "woaaah!" when something is impressive. And, most importantly, "nanu." (his word for mama's milk.) I hear this one a lot!
And Ari too has lots of new words and complicated stories to share these days. Like yesterday he was telling me about a guy who makes music on a tree (a cool video we found via Wendy that we all love,) and how he uses his fiddlestick to make a sound on the branch. I was confused for a moment wondering what he meant by fiddlestick, but then I realized he meant a violin bow of course! Could these kids be any cuter?

No comments:
Post a Comment