



Papa is gone for a few days, so I'm trying to devise ways to keep the boys out past bedtime to avoid having to get them both to bed on my own. It feels a bit like cheating, but we had a good time at the lake last night, eating a simple yummy supper, making new friends, playing in the sand and watching the boats.
I put them in PJ's at the lake, hoping they would crash on the way home. One did. The other was still full of energy and wanted to do crafts before bed. I am still counting that as a success. Now we are heading off to the pool (too cool for the beach today-) I am hoping for two sleeping angels to carry into bed tonight- wish me luck!
It does sound like a good plan - tiring them out- and it looks like a lovely time was had at the lake!
ReplyDeleteThese are such great, colorful photos!
ReplyDeleteI would totally count last evening as a success!! Have a fab day and much luck at bedtime.
This sounds like many a summer evening 'round here. When we hit the beach and it involves swimming as well as the fresh air, they fall sleep in minutes after we pull away. This still happens regularly with my 8 year old!!
ReplyDeleteThere is something so sweet about the sight of them asleep in their carseats, from so much childhood fun :-)
~Erin
Oh boy do I know what you mean about doing bedtime on your own. . .!
ReplyDeleteIt looks like such a wonderful day. :)
And I'll bet I can guess which little boy crashed and which wanted to do crafts. . .