Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Once upon a time...

I wanted to thank everyone for the sweet comments and e-mails about my article in Rhythm of the Home. I enjoyed writing it so much and feel really lucky to be part of such a beautiful publication. Thanks for all the kind words.
































































Here are some shots of the finished play set. This was so much fun to make, and most of it I could sew while the kids were playing, so those parts came together pretty fast. It was a bit of a crunch getting the castle and bag done in time, but I didn't have to pull an all-nighter or anything, which I've been known to do.
The boys were very understanding of the fact that this was not a toy to stay, but I did allow them to try it out a little before I packed it up. Ari says we wants one for his birthday, but with a red dragon, of course. I used a pattern from this etsy shop- I made her doctor kit for Ari's last birthday too, and the patterns are great. I didn't see the final bid on this at the auction, but it brought in more than I had hoped, so I am pleased with that.Now on to holiday crafting. I have quite a list to accomplish and the month is slipping by. Gotta break out those knitting needles and get going!

12 comments:

  1. The castle is beautiful! A great piece of work and I am glad it raised lots for a good cause!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Taimarie, that is just so amazing. You are a very clever lady!! Such a beautiful thing for a very special cause. hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The castle is so amazing! Truly a work of art and love for a very special cause. I am sure it will bring much happiness to the child who receives it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing Tee! You are so flippin' talented. So I know I am not 4, but can I have a set for my birthday too?

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This castle is amazing- I especially love the dragon! The knight's helmets are pretty cool too. .!
    I made that doctor's kit too. :) It gets a lot of use!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, wow! This is amazing. Great job, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Liza- Ari thinks that making you a set for your birthday is a very good idea. "Then we can play together!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't get over how amazing this is! You are so talented. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone- it was such fun! I like the dragon and knight best too, I've thought of making a fleet of knights and horses/unicorns for the boys...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tai,
    This is so lovely. You are awesome! Peace and love. Anna

    ReplyDelete