Oh, hello there! Gee. I never intended to be away for so long, the holidays just sort of swept me up, and when I landed, I found I'd developed a bit of a computer and photo-taking aversion. But I'm back, and a few photo heavy holiday posts should catch us up nicely (I did take some photos, but I didn't have the camera permanently stuck to my face, as sometimes seems to be the case!) I will do a separate post for solstice, since that includes all our handmade gifts (some of which I've not yet photographed.)Next year I vow to just put up a "be back soon" sort of post and accept that I need to take a big break this time of year. So, here goes, quickie catch up!
::Christmas morning shots::



::lots of baking and making::

::Christmas Eve at a little heritage schoolhouse we rented with some friends for a lovely supper and carol singing night. Ari was excited to accompany the carolers::

::the most beloved holiday gifts - Dorian would have been happy with the bunny and the cookie at the top of the stocking- Christmas could have ended there for him!::
::Christmas morning shots::


::lots of baking and making::
::Christmas Eve at a little heritage schoolhouse we rented with some friends for a lovely supper and carol singing night. Ari was excited to accompany the carolers::
::the most beloved holiday gifts - Dorian would have been happy with the bunny and the cookie at the top of the stocking- Christmas could have ended there for him!::
:: a crazy kid friendly New Years party- some good wild fun!::
There was also a very lovely boxing day hike that went unphotographed and lots of good mellow stay-at-home-together sorts of days.
There was also a very lovely boxing day hike that went unphotographed and lots of good mellow stay-at-home-together sorts of days. Oh! And I almost forgot to share my favorite holiday story. I got a call from Wren's mama a couple days before Christmas and she told me that there was a gift from me under their tree, which was a little confusing, since I hadn't given them anything yet. But it was the castle play set, wrapped up and gifted to the girls from the family that won it at the auction. Isn't that lovely? I sat down and had a good cry after that phone call. And apparently it has made a good bedside toy during Wren's last round of treatments. I thought so much of the girls as I was making it, I was thrilled to know it made it into their hands. Here's to generous-hearted folks and dear friends and to our precious little ones who bless our lives every day. Cheers, friends.
It looks like you had a splendid holiday season! I, too, got swept away by the holidays and have enjoyed some time away from the computer but it made me smile to read your post. What an incredibly beautiful story about the castle play set.
ReplyDeleteOh, and I love your boys pj's ~ if you visit my blog you will see that we have similar taste.Happy New Year to you and your family. :)
Such a wonderful update~ so nice to see you hear again! As always, your photos are gorgeous- beautiful colors, beautiful boys!
ReplyDeleteYour story about Wren and her gift make me want to cry too. What a neat ending to that story!
Lots of love to you all!
I'm eye are brimmed with tears. It's likely mainly because of the story about Wren receiving your castle play set but all the lovely photos of your holidays helped too. So wonderful, T.
ReplyDeletexx
Thanks friends. And Sara, yay to the matching stripy PJ's!
ReplyDeleteI love the goodness that spirals outwards in a story like this...very moving, very touching.
ReplyDeleteLovely to see your season wrap-up and beautiful photos. They inspire me to grow in my own passion for photography.:-)
~Erin