Saturday, March 05, 2011

aprons, birthdays and pajamas

Well, this computer will not let me load up all the pictures I want to tonight, so this post will be quick, and mostly about this apron, since that is all that I seem to be able to upload. I'm not sure exactly what I was thinking when I made this giant apron, I clearly didn't have my wee model to measure, or a pattern, or any of the child aprons I've made in the past to look at when making it. I sewed it on a evening when the day had been long and Perry was willing to finish up supper and let me slip away for a few minutes. So there was no measuring or pattern consulting, though I still am surprised that I could have made it so big. Dorian will be able to wear this for a good long while. He doesn't seem to mind.
It is good for stair leaping and for chocolate messes too. (You can see how big I made the neck too- It has to be cinched up considerably, I guess it had been a long day.)

We celebrated Perry's birthday this week. There will be more pictures to share when I can get things working. For now, a couple pictures of the boys sharing their presents with their Papa. I didn't direct present-making at all this time around. Ari has been into making some very elaborate artworks using whatever materials he can lay his hands on- toothpicks, q-tips, cut up paper, chopsticks, pencil erasers, toilet paper rolls, pompoms- and bucket loads of white glue. Dorian is more of a minimalist, and has been working with just the white glue on white paper. They had been making these art pieces and stashing them secretly all over the house for weeks, and they proudly hauled them all out. Just the gifts for an installation artist Papa, I think.


I'll post pictures of the artwork when I can. This is Ari presenting the card he made. And in case you were wondering when looking at my blog if my children live in their pajamas, the answer is yes. Pretty much. They do get dressed most days, but often not until we are ready to go outside so we do all the dressing at once. Someday my kids will wear clothes all day, but for now, every day is PJ day.

Happy weekend to you all!

7 comments:

  1. I could just gobble up that chocolate (carob?)face! I love Ari's stripes and P's handsome haircut! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so sweet! I just posted about apron making too lol! I love the seriousness of Ari's face giving his daddy the card! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, i do LOVE the apron! Your boys are just so darned cute.

    And we stay in our pj's a lot as well. most days if we are all dressed by noon i am happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Perry! I love the minimalist white on white art. So cute!

    The arpon looks great. When I made them for my kids, I made them big, hoping they'd last a long while too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have the same pyjama pattern of wear. Tonight at bedtime, Seb suggested that he could change out of the jammies he had been wearing all day, and into some clothes, so that tomorrow when he got up, he would already be dressed! :) I may have done that in my twenties a few times...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, glad to hear we are not the only ones who stay in our PJs! I love that, MW- a very good plan really!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so so glad that we ate not the only pajama family. Sometimes a family member or a friend mught drop in, and they are flabbergasted that we are all in are pajamas still at two in the afternoon. Peace and love. Anna

    ReplyDelete