Friday, March 25, 2011

artist children



It all started with Ari coming to me at the end of quiet time to show me how beautiful he was, having coloured all over his face and neck and hands with felt marker. After some time scrubbing with soap and water I handed over the face paints to appease the body art urges in a (slightly) more washable medium.
The funny thing was, I had forgotten that Perry was coming home after work with some people from our local college who were interested in visiting his studio and perhaps purchasing some art for their new building. I was on the phone and didn't realize Perry had arrived home until after the boys flung themselves, half-naked and fully painted, through the front door and into his arms, insisting that they go with him and the college ladies. I retrieved them as quick as I could, luring them back home with secret dessert making plans, but not before they had spent some time running around the studio and chatting up the college ladies who were trying to view Perry's art.
It all ended well, the college ladies bought the paintings, and mostly seemed amused by our feral children. They will know for next time to be prepared for anything when visiting the home of an artist!

6 comments:

  1. This post is hilarious! Your feral children are awesome! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny story, I'm sure the college ladies loved your feral children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AH! I love this! I think the boys probably brightened up the day of those college ladies. :)
    I remember Ella at age 3 so carefully coloring her feet with markers- using great concentration- they were absolutely covered. :)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so wonderful! P.S. I loved your Jacques Cousteau hat, I am trying my knitting at it right now. Peace and love. Anna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are supergreatfantastic. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete