









We celebrated solstice and the coming of summer with sun art and grass wreath weaving and flower gathering and and solstice cake baking (yellow cake to represent the sun, chocolate to represent the darkness of the lengthening nights.) The boys wanted to make crowns and played "sun king" for a long time in the sandbox. We tended the gardens and the animals and had a (chilly) bonfire outside. We finally broke in our new picnic table with an outside supper and Ari tended the fire ("volcano") with much care and attention. Happy summer, friends!
Oh my that wreath is amazing! How did you make it? The cake looks so so good too. much love x x
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the wreath and sun art on your door. What a wonderful idea (and beautiful door)!! Happy solstice!
ReplyDeleteJust beautiful! I love how your door looks.
ReplyDeleteHappy Solstice!!
ReplyDeleteI wanted to 'favourite' your front door over and over...how beautiful it turned out!
I love the things you used for the wreaths and adorning it.
And your cake? Word. I bet it was scrumptious!
Thanks everyone!
ReplyDeleteLaura- the wreath was very simple, I just gathered up bunches of grass and tied them with hemp twine adding new bunches every couple inces or so until it was long enough to tie up into a circle. Totally unplanned, but such a fun project- the kids were so excited to gather the grass and the flowers and to weave the flowers in.
Erin- yes the cake was good- and about enough for 3 or 4 families! Ari suggested we put some in the freezer and eat it in the winter to remember summer time- a good plan I think!
Taisa, this looks perfect! The whole day. :)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE THAT DOOR!
I don't think it saved my comment. :o(
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to say how much I love your decorated door, the cake and Dorian's sweater! A mama made? It's beautiful!
I'm sure your children will remember these simple celebrations for their entire lives!
~ joey ~
Happy Solstice! Yours looked so beautiful!! The wreath, Ari who is growing into a young man, that cake... all of it.
ReplyDelete(I've been trying to make time to call the last few days and keep forgetting! I'll try you this weekend! xx)
Oh wow, what a beautiful celebration - I love it! Wishing you all a very Happy Solstice. Sunshine, hugs and love xxx
ReplyDeleteWhat an absolutely magical looking day!!! I especially love your front door! And that cake looks divine. What beautiful, beautiful days you are having up there!
ReplyDeletewhat a lovely celebration!
ReplyDeleteJoey- nope- that sweater was a thrift store find. But a very well loved one!
ReplyDelete