Sunday, July 03, 2011

festival


We has such a wonderful weekend at the festival- visiting with friends, watching the music, playing in the kids area, and being entertained by our kiddos- Ari's exuberance and ability to run and play so hard for a full 3 days, and Dorian's hilarious air guitar he seems to have picked up somewhere and would "play" to whoever was close by, whether we knew them or not! The boys got this amazing face painting done near the end of the festival, and watching them be transformed was one of the weekend highlights for me. And when they were done we had one extra-fast cheetah and one roaring (but very tired,) dragon to take home with us!


I have more photos to download, but our Internet is sooo slow tonight, so I'll try again later. I hope you all had magical weekends, dear friends.

5 comments:

  1. the festival looked fantastic, with the right balance of busy and yet enough spaciousness to move about easily and get away for breaks if the intensity became overwhelming. i guess you can gather i don't enjoy big crowds ;-)

    face painting is fun! i love the shot of your sleeping festival-goer, tired after so much delight and wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this looks like so much fun! A cheetah is something Ollie would choose to be transformed into, and Asa would be a kitty. Your little cheetah and dragon are just darling- and I'd especially like to kiss that little sleeping dragon's cheek!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fabulous and like the weather turned around for you guys! I'm so glad! Looking forward to more pictures and seeing you later this month. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin- yes it is the perfect size, not too big, but big enough to be such a *big* event for the wee ones. I'm not a huge fan of large crowds either!
    Melanie- Dorian was going to be a kitty too (he was playing he was one all day) but changed his mind at the last minute. Ari was going to be a volcano which would have been interesting, but he saw how fast his friend could run after she had the cheetah facepaint! And yes, those little dragon cheeks are kissable indeed!
    Annie, we missed you guys! The weather did warm up a bit by sunday, but there was still lots of rain and the evenings were super cold. Can't wait for the next one, hopefully there will be sun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Summer festivals are the best! I love the face paintings and the guitar playing!

    ReplyDelete