 |
| ::Casting on for a knitting-in-the-car project. First line of business when getting ready for a camping trip that involves some car time. This will be slippers for Ari. He requested red slippers with red pom poms. I am happy to oblige. |
 |
::Packing. Rain gear, woolens, wool hats, sun hats, wool socks (I finished those ones I was working on, and they are getting a lot of wear this winter summer,) bug spray, a zillion changes of clothes and, with great hope in my heart, the swim suits. Ah, camping in the North. |
 |
| ::Kitchen projects. Granola and water kefir (we are loving our water kefir so much these days- the boys have named it "ginger-ella" which sounds so wonderfully fairy-tale-ish like a magic potion or elixir, which it kind of is.) I made zucchini muffins with the boys yesterday and Perry made yogurt today. Loading up the cooler with good treats. |
 |
| ::Chasing a deer out of the garden. We love these beautiful animals and have never had them in our garden except at the very end of the season, but with no dogs on the property right now, this one decided to come for a visit. Apparently it likes our chard. All of our chard. |
 |
>>>>
>Ari burst out crying when he discovered all the chard had been eaten. It's his favorite. I think we'll cover what we can with row cover before we go camping, for what it is worth. Our poor garden is having a rough go of it this year with the cold and lack of sun and now the deer. I'm still holding out hope for some kind of harvest. | <>
>
And really, when you have this much cuteness under your roof, what else matters?
Good night dear friends.
Have a wonderful trip! I know all about camping in the North! When we lived in the Yukon, our camping gear looked like that, plus a tuque, scarf and mitts! It was crazy to wake up and bundle up in winter gear and to be swimming at noon!
ReplyDeleteOh deer! The chard... This is the thing when you can't fence a huge garden...
And that little guy is just too cute!!
Have a good time!
Beautiful post, dear Taisa!
ReplyDeleteOh if only I could send you some chard, we have way too much. I have been needing to freeze some and have not gotten up the motivation yet. . .
<3 Have fun on your trip!
Have a relaxing trip! I hope you come back to something left in your garden!
ReplyDelete~ joey ~
I bet your chard recovered by the time you got home? It didn't look lost.
ReplyDeleteThe gingerella and granola both were superb.
I love your blog! I would love to know what granola and kefir water recipes you use...
ReplyDelete