Monday, October 31, 2011

halloween day

homemade honey coconut cream candies

Little Pirates. Though tonight they plan to transform into a dragon and a lion. They are excited about the chance to roar at perfect strangers.

Small repairs on the costumes from the costume bin. Sewing on clasps to replace a broken zipper  for the lion and sewing claws on a pair of red gloves for the dragon.

Halloween books to read


 And there are plans to make an apple cake and some butternut squash "pumpkin faces," to roast hotdogs on a samhain bonfire and go out with some dear friends to do some candy collecting for the Switch Witch. Apparently she can turn junk food into small toys and books. Now that is magic.
Happy Samhain friends.

7 comments:

  1. I always learn something when I come here! I had never heard about Samhain so I had to look it up! I love the Switch Witch idea! This year I heard of people having the Sugar Plum Fairy come to take the candy away, I wish I had introduced my kids to that earlier on! Thankfully they lose interest by the next day!
    I didn't know that you were from our neck of the woods!? If you're ever here, you'll have to stop in!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great pumpkin face:) haha! "hi" I'm Barefoot Mama from Texas. I'm not sure if I've ever been to your blog. Hope you're having a great Monday! B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those candies look like the real deal! Would love the recipe! Have a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely little candies they look like jewels, yummy! Hope the Switch witch leaves behind wonderful goodies. Please forgive me if I sound ignorant but may I ask if you celebrate the festival of Samhain does that mean you are Wicca or Pagan? Have a lovely night out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those candies sound yummy! Lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Taisa, it all looks wonderful! And. . . aren't you going to share the recipe for the candies. . . ?
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy samhain!

    we kept things real simple, some food at a friend's farm, pumpkins, a treasure hunt for a mini bag of three candies, and a bonfire. oh, and they made an alter where we placed photos of our relatives passsed on, and the kids led us in talking about/remembering those loved ones.

    i put some photos up about it on flickr, just scroll past the newest ones.

    ~erin xo

    ReplyDelete