Winter has arrived in our little mountain home. The kids are delighted and much of the weekend was spent out in the snow, building and sledding and getting good and wet and tired.
We still don't have proper winter gear for Ari, so the poor boy has been getting very wet indeed- though that doesn't seem to slow him down any. And Dorian thankfully loves wearing the snowsuit Ari wore last year. He even asked to wear the sweater I knit him under it one day! It was just the once, but it's progress!
There were also plenty of indoor projects this weekend- the boys did a lot of painting, which I didn't get any pictures of. And there was a farmers market and some house cleaning and purging (oh how I love getting rid of things! A whole box of my clothes went to the thrift store and it makes me so happy!) and, of course, plenty of culinary projects.
 |
Almond flat bread has become a staple lately on days we are going to be away from the house. I don't miss the taste of grain bread much, but the ease of having a kid-friendly, filling, packable food is something to be missed. This bread pretty much fills the bill. |
 |
Kimchi bubbling away on the top of the fridge. I followed a recipe from a Korean cookbook I ordered recently, and it definitely seems more like what I remember eating in Korea. I had Perry's parents bring me some Korean hot pepper too, which helps (thanks Nana and Grandpa!) I hope it tastes as good as I remember!
I switched up our Enki circle for this week with some winter snowy verses to match the new world outside. I think tonight I'll pull the winter books out too- it looks like this snow is here to stay! happy Monday friends. |
wow I just don't feel ready for winter yet, actually almost put off reading this post incase I felt cold lol! It looks so warming though, your home. I remember you posting about Dori finding the snow so hard to negotiate last year, look how much he has grown and things have changed! Much love and warmth x x x
ReplyDeleteoh my children cannot wait for the snow - which will be here soon I am sure - but as beautiful as it is, I am enjoying these unseasonably warm temperatures here in northern Vermont.
ReplyDeleteyour home sounds so cozy.
Would you share you almond bread recipe? It looks much yummier than mine! And that kimchi looks awesome! Please share the recipe if you have time! Have fun in the snow!
ReplyDeleteWow, Taisa I always forget how soon winter comes for you, and how long it stays too!
ReplyDeleteI find I am eager for snow. . . . but then I know once it has been here for months, I'll be anxious for spring!
<3
Oh your snow looks so much cozier than ours! So many hills and slushy snow makes it so hard to get around safely as you know!
ReplyDeleteI recognize that snowsuit! We bought both our kids the winter jacket version, they are so warm!
xoxo
~ joey ~
ps. I'll be in touch soon, I haven't had a long enough chunk of time to reply to your email!
Too soon for snow where we are! Love your photos! Makes me look forward to the cosiness of winter...
ReplyDeleteYes, please share your almond flat bread recipe! i can't believe it's already winter where you live. Enjoy the snow...
ReplyDeleteI am drooling looking at that kimchi, I wish to make my own someday as well.
ReplyDeleteI was just talking about you and sauerkraut and kimchi! That looks yummy! So does that flat bread...
ReplyDeleteI love the look of winter in your neck of the woods.