Sunday, January 15, 2012







A few things I'm loving right now:
~ the amazing creative play my kids are engaging in- I love finding their little set ups and seeing what they've been creating and imagining into,
~ new snack ideas (the apples and raisins is an idea Ari got from a recent Sparkle story- which is something else we are all loving- those Sparkle stories are wonderful!)
~ the ever-growing snow palace in the front yard,
~ this pretty food blog
~ new projects on the go,
~ yummy grain-free treats,
~ getting out on my new cross-country skiis today- so fun!
~ my sweetie pies.

I hope your weekends were full of lots of love!

12 comments:

  1. What sweet wonderful pictures. We have had very little snow here but the children have just been able to begin some fort building.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay- fort building! So fun. It is getting pretty cold out here though, I think we might just be staying in by the fire!

      Delete
  2. Those are really impressive constructions, big and small! As always, your photos are so warm and beautiful. I was wondering about the Sparkle stories, it's good to know that your boys enjoy them. Thanks for the interesting link (Roost).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Sarah. And really, the Sparkle stories are terrific- they have become so much a part of our days.

      Delete
    2. Taisa your blog is giving me commenting difficulties!

      You are so lucky to get skiis! Something I have been wanting too.
      And what rosie sweet little cheeks on Dori!

      Okay let's hope this publishes. . .

      HUGS

      Delete
    3. Oh no! I hope the commenting difficulties resolve on their own- I am trying to figure out the new format and I don't have a clue how to fix that! And yes, I am so excited about my new skis, I have been wanting them for a long time and they are so great!

      Delete
  3. It certainly looks like you guys are having a fun winter!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cake! Yum! I love the beautiful wintery goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Taisa, I've been wondering about the Sparkle Stories. Do both of your boys like them or do you think they're more appropriate for your oldest? Benjamin loves storytelling and it guides so much of his play (that and books) so I wonder if he would enjoy them. (Selfishly, I think I kind of want to subscribe for myself). :) Gorgeous photos by the way. There's always a magical sort of light and warmth in them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julia- Ari enjoys all the stories, but the Martin and Sylvia set appeal to both boys. They are sweet stories about a brother and sister who do things like visit a bee farm or dance in a may day festival and they are waldorf homeschoolers to boot! I noticed that they just started offering a version of these stories geared to the younger kiddos- I bet Benjamin would love those- and you too!

      Delete
  6. I want to know what that delicious looking thing with the raspberries on top is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pavlova! Made with honey and coconut cream. I don't know if you and your crew are eating eggs right now, but we seem to accumulate a lot of egg whites, and this is a yummy way to use them up!

      Delete