Monday, February 06, 2012

 Oh, hello there! Sorry to disappear for a bit- it has been a little crazy at our house, first that cold weather, then the chicken pox, and then, well, just recovering I suppose. I had a birthday somewhere in there, and it was lovely, despite my poxy children (who weathered the pox very well, I should add.) I was spoiled up quite nicely with flowers and breakfast in bed and a cards and gifts and a birthday supper. Lovely.
the kids insisted on setting up a birthday table for me, and setting out the star path for me to follow- birthday traditions that they love and want all of us to follow!


 And other than that, we have been just keeping busy with all that fills the days with 2 sick-ish kids at home. I hardly took the camera out, but a few random pictured made it on there:
 ::reading- lots of reading,
::fishing on the deep blue sea,
::baking
:and playing playing and more playing. These constructions are getting ever more impressive, and I can only convince them to take them down by promising to photograph them to show Papa once he gets home. So though there is a shortage of other photos, there are plenty of photos of impressive towers and towns and villages.


There has also been some great outside time, but it has remained unphotographed. We had a terrific ski this afternoon and there are some very impressive snow piles left from ploughing our driveway that are much fun to play on. And now we can get out again and we are looking forward to a more regular sort of week and time with friends. 
Happy Monday friends.


12 comments:

  1. Ahhhh, so that's what you've been up to! I was missing you around here:) Happy birthday, friend. I'm glad it was a sweet celebration for you ~ and so lovely to see your beautiful face. Now I know who I'm speaking with:) We haven't had the pox yet, and I'm worried a bit about Miss S. with that all as it could make her sicker than most. But, one day we'll have a pox party and see what happens. Happy week to you, too.
    xo Jules

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jules. Yes, I can imagine that Sunshine getting it would be worrying. I hope it goes very smoothly when that day comes. hugs xoxo

      Delete
  2. I hope they are all feeling better and on the mend. I have to say I love the little boat and figures they are playing with in the second photograph from the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They love those little wooden gnomes! We got them off etsy a few years ago and they are played with every day.

      Delete
  3. I alays want to come and play with your boys, they are just so great at making set ups...in fact I think they may be the 'set up masters'!! Lovely to see you and to see that you had a happy birthday :-) Did they catch anything in that deep blue sea? Lots of love and hugs Laura x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, come by and play! And they did catch lots in the deep blue sea- enough to put some in the freezer!

      Delete
  4. Glad the kids are on the mend, hope there wasn't much scarring. The pox left me with a permanent reminder on my forehead. Happy Birthday to you! And so nice to see the photo of you with your handsome boy! It's hard to get into the photos when you are the primary photographer isn't it?!
    Take it slow,
    xoxo
    ~ joey ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No scars that I've seen yet. They were hardly even itchy- it was quite amazing actually! And yes, I much prefer to behind the camera than in front of it!

      Delete
  5. Hello there beautiful Mama!
    Oh, the pox- we are still hoping to get it here. Now my older two are getting up there in age. . . how nice for your boys to get it while so little still!
    And the goings-on in our homes is so similar- up on the table!
    Happy happy Birthday!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I wish I could have invited you the the chicken pox party we went to! I hope you have luck tracking it down (though it does feel rather strange to make you kids sick on purpose!)

      Delete
  6. one of the things i notice about learn at homers, is that often this group of kids get pox later, i suppose by being a little more out of the disease/illness loop, so it's (maybe?) good to have it done with! we are still waiting!! i'm glad it was bearable.


    happy birthday! you are shining in that photo, so nice to see you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin! and ya, we were lucky that it was going around at a good time for us. And really, it was so easy! I know some kids get really sick, but we were lucky, the hardest part was just having to stay home and not be around other kids!

      Delete