Friday, April 13, 2012

This week it is feeling so springy around here. We've been getting our seedlings started in the big house. We've got cauliflower, cabbage, brussels sprouts, broccoli, a couple different lettuces, celeric, chamomile, sunflowers, nasturtiums, calendula, lupines, milk thistle, snapdragons, and onions going, with more to start soon. The lettuce is just starting to peek up, and we'll keep our fingers crossed on the rest!
When the kids get tired of helping they go off and play. There has been an ongoing game of "sailors" being played on the back porch with the coffee table being hauled back and forth for a boat and lots of climbing up and down the fire escape ladder. Seeing how engaged they are when they are able to play outside like this makes me excited for all the fun they are going to have this summer with more room to enact their elaborate plots and explore around the property.

The nature table has made its change with the seasons- birds, sheep, pussy willows, root children.
And the spring books are out and being enjoyed.

There have also been several marble runs built;
pies made and eaten,
 friends to play with,
and plenty of arts and crafts made (above is Ari's easter bunny, and below is a very wet watercolour by Dorian.)
A lovely week all round. Happy Friday, friends!

12 comments:

  1. Lots of good times! The pie looks delicious and so does Dorian in that hat!
    xoxo
    ~ joey ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks absolutely delightful. Enjoy your weekend. Hope there will be lots of spring weather to soak up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Taisa, I always enjoy a peek into your home! So warm and lovely it is. :) I love Ari's rabbit, and Dori's beautiful painting. And I love those pants with rainbows Ari has on, I could use a pair like that myself. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mel, yes the rainbow pants are good!

      Delete
  4. I just love the picture of Dori peeking out behind his painting, cap and all :-) Hope the growing continues to go well, looks like it'll be a good spring for you and a lovely summer x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura, I hope the sun is shining there too!

      Delete
  5. Sweet, sweet, photos! Love the nature table!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the picture of Dori in the hat. Melts my heart.

    Hugs to you, Perry and the boys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, I can't get enough of that hat. Hugs back atcha!

      Delete
  7. It has been allabout the marble runs here too...

    ReplyDelete