Wednesday, April 04, 2012

We've been working of a few things this week- I am still awaiting my wool order and so am puttering away on little baby knits- they are so fun and satisfying.
The boys worked on several projects, they painted butterflies and then the painting scraps were turned into egg shapes. Ari spent a lot of time cutting and decorating and hole punching these eggs which he wants the string as a garland. He has been decorating each one carefully.




And I have been gathering up wool from my stash to make fish hats with some other local knitters for an anti-pipeline event. I am excited about this project as it is something I can putter on at home and enjoy the process- unlike the other anti-pipeline activity I am taking part in- making an oral statement to the joint review panel- which just thinking of  makes me get jittery and feel nauseous. So I will just focus on this nice safe pile of wool to calm myself down. Deep breath. Phew- that's better. 
And the sun is shining and we are heading out the door to play in it. Happy Wednesday friends!

5 comments:

  1. Those are lovely paper eggs, and that hand-dyed wool is gorgeous! Good luck with your anti-pipeline actions, I'm rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindsay- I need all the moral support I can get!

      Delete
  2. Eek, I get jittery with those official kinds of things too! I am sending you all the positive energy that I have that your group will help rid us of this horrible pipeline business.
    Happy Easter weekend!
    xoxo
    ~ joey ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joey! I don't belong to a group really, there are just a great many concerned citizens signed up to speak about their concerns. I will be up there all by myself (can you hear my knees knocking?) telling the panel what a bad idea I think this pipeline is. Yikes.
      I hope you are getting some of this sunshine too!

      Delete
  3. I'm so grateful that you'll be giving an oral statement. You'll do great!

    ReplyDelete