Monday, June 18, 2012

Hi there. Sorry to disappear there for a bit. I realized that I was really needing some time away from the computer- feeling a need of some quiet reflection time after a friend passed away unexpectedly. He was such an inspiring, beautiful human, his passing is such a mix of sadness and gratitude at having known such an amazing person. I wrote this post just before we got the news, and didn't post it then, but I thought I would post it now, and hope to be back here again soon. We have been busy on the farm, I hope to record some of the gardening adventures here when I can. 


Yesterday was a sunny warm day after many days of rain. It was cool in the morning, but warmed up and we made the most of it before the storm rolled in in the afternoon. 
:: tree climbing,

:: chick snuggling,
:: nettle picking

:: cowparsnip sword practice,


::stories under the trees- this one Dorian told was about when he was a water nymph and took care of the ocean animals and had a special mask to wear so he could breathe underwater. Love this boy's stories.
:: sat still long enough to enjoy the sunshine and knit in the grass for the first time this year. It felt divine.
:: drinking fresh nettle-mint iced tea. Yum.
:: test driving the scuba gear,

Today the rain is back and we are having a quiet day, inside mostly. There is more rain in the forecast, so we'll have to start dreaming up some activities to do inside too. 
I hope you are getting some sunshine where you are, friends!


8 comments:

  1. Taisa, I am so sorry for your loss... It is really hard to lose someone we love unexpectedly... Your life seems so great and so perfect for raising free and caring little souls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you are back. We are also getting lots of sun. Feels good! Your chicks are growing well and look very healthy! So sweet to see your boys snuggling them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Taisa...Oh, friend, how sad that must be for you. I am sorry for your loss. I hope that you have a lot of support as you wade through those waters. Luckily, your most beautiful boys seem to shine such a bright light, it is easy to see the grace of Life amidst your sadness. Many hugs sent your way.
    xo Jules
    P.S. Let's talk those dates again because we might go camping near Hope at the end of August...<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Taisa, I am so sorry about the passing of your friend. I agree with Jules- your boys do shine with light, and love and life- thank goodness for those sweeties! And what beauties they are, truly.
    HUGS, Mel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some gorgeous chick snuggling pictures, and how wonderful to have a hearty collection of nettles. Looks like summer is beginning beautifully in your neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sending thoughts and wishes for peace and reflection,
    take the time you need to grieve, there is never a roadmap, just the courage to drive the road as it bends and curves before you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for all the kind words everyone. It means a lot.
    hugs, Taisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. just wanted to let you know i love your blog. the photos of this post and all the others are so beautifull.

    ReplyDelete