Saturday, July 07, 2012

Woah- I feel like I've been gone from here for months and months, there has been so much going on. I took a last minute trip to the coast (on my own! with no kids!) to attend our friend's memorial and to meet my sister's beautiful new baby girl. 


 I came back and I swear the weeds had doubled in size in those 4 days I was gone. They just love all this rain we've had. But then, the sun came out and we've had some beautiful warm summery weather, which is good because we were getting scared there for a bit that it was going to be another summer like last year and that all us northern folks would have to make a mass exodus for somewhere tropical. But now it is sunny and we remember why we like living where we do. 


So I've been spending these last few days excavating the garden plants from the chickweed, excavating the house from the piles of laundry and toys and enjoying the sunshine.


Oh- and attending a festival,
 playing with friends,


 cheering on the kiddos at the annual Canada Day fun run,
 And generally just loving up these adorable, cuddly little love bugs.

I hope you are all well, friends.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about your friend but how wonderful to meet your sister's new babe, it must have been a very emotional trip for you. I understand you were busy this time but the next time you are in "our neck of the woods" let me know, I'd love to meet up. :o)
    xoxo
    ~ joey ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Taisa, I have missed you! It sounds like you've been very busy- huge HUGS and love to you for the loss of your friend- and for the arrival of your new neice!
    So glad you're getting sun and warmth!
    <3 Mel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, a loss and a birth... My condoleances to you... We are in the Yukon and here too people were wondering if there would be such a thing as a summer... Sounds like there will be one in the end...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! I am myself struggling with posting due to our slooooow internet connection. Anyway, Im glad you are having some summer weather! We are stuck with rain for what seems like months!! Nothing is growing in the garden, i think not even our strawberries will flower this year.... Im hoping august will be a better month :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are back and enjoying your summer!

    ReplyDelete