Hello! We are back home now, settling in after a wonderful trip filled with friends and family and adventures. We are happy to be home, and there is so much to do- all of it good.
We were so blessed to have time to spend with some dear dear old friends- we were just full to bursting with all that sunshine and love and the joy of seeing our children enjoying each other.
My little pirates were treated by their auntie and uncle to a pirate adventure which they are still telling stories about to whoever will listen. It really was the perfect thing for them- sailing on a real live boat on the ocean and being involved in an adventure to help the pirate crew find treasure in the harbor. It blew their minds and pirate play is the thing around here right now. (pirate photos by Peg-leg Perry.)
We got some time to love up the littlest cousin- (oh, isn't she just delicious?) the boys wanted to snuggle her constantly, and I can't say as I blame them.
We're going to miss this little darlin'. And her mama and papa too.
The boys also had a lovely visit with their bigger cousins. It had been a couple years since they'd all seen each other, but they set right to playing together and had a grand time. We had a wonderful visit with Perry's family in a beautiful beach house we had for a week. A real treat.
The ocean was such a thrill for my boys. It was such fun to watch them explore and delight in it.
We did pretty well eating GAPS- finding lots of good treats along the way and eating some amazing meals. Dori was especially excited to discover there were smoothies we could have at the farmers market.
There was also a lot of time in the car. The boys proved themselves to be stellar travellers and we listened to lots of story cds and past episodes of Ari's radio show and we learned on the fly how to create games to keep them occupied. Dori's favorite was one where I drew a circle on a piece of paper and he turned it into a character of some sort. Ari wanted me to make him endless dot-to-dots (easier said than done!) and we played the game "Sprouts" when Dori napped. I didn't get as much knitting done as I thought I might, but it went really well, all told.
And now we are settling in back home and getting things in order for the school year, and processing tons of food too- such a busy time of year!
I hope you are all well, friends.






















Dear Taisa...Welcome home! What wonderful adventures you've had...how I miss the ocean. I could almost smell it looking at your photos (really)! I think I have a few pirates here who would give their right hook to have been on that ship with your boys. Oh, and that delicious wee girl...mmmhmmm...those years are behind me now, but little ones have been getting me going lately. All vicarious, mind you. We are up to our eyeballs in canning and freezing and fermenting, too. I feel like a productive squirrel, preparing for winter. Hugs, dear Taisa, I'm glad you're back here.
ReplyDeletexo Jules
Beautiful post sister! Miss you.
ReplyDeleteAweome! Would love it if you had time to send me links to your favorite GAPS ressources. A good friend just got diagnosed with Crohn's and he is into the SCD.
ReplyDelete