Friday, November 23, 2012

Oh, hello there. Has it really been a month since I've been here? Sorry about the absence, and thank you for the notes of concern- we are all very well, busy with lots of things, but I've not been managing to photograph and post about it here. I'll try and get here a little more regularly in the coming months! So- a very quick catch up:
 Winter has arrived truly and fully. There is snow to play in and we are needing to bundle up well to go outside. Ari and Dori have taken on the job of filling the bird feeder on their own now- they have developed a system where Ari stays up the ladder and Dori hands up the containers filled with seeds and then Ari drops them down to be refilled. It works very well!

We had the wonderful treat of a visit from my sister and her adorable daughter. We were all thrilled to have them here and to love up the littlest cousin. Cute is right!

 The boys have been very busy with their projects and constructions. We got a new freezer recently, and the most exciting part of this was these cardboard pieces that have provided hours of marble-run- making entertainment. Also Dorian has been loving the lincon logs and has decided he will grow up to be a builder.


Homeschooling has been going very well. We finished our first math block and are half way through our second Language Arts block, working with the vowels with a terrific story and lots of painting. Maybe someday I'll get to writing more about all that like I said I would!

Also this month I had one of the most incredible, moving, beautiful experience of my life- attending the birth of my best friend's perfect, adorable baby girl. I took pictures for her during the birth, though all I will post here is the little knitted vest I made for her. It is using some wool I hand dyed using lichens I gathered last autumn (or was it two autumn's ago- sheesh, it might have been!) I had originally planned to knit a shawl with it, but I am loving how soft and subtle is is for little baby wear. There are a couple more skeins of it- there may be more little lichen garments to report on someday!

So yes, all is well here. We're happy and busy with all we are doing, and I will try to get the camera out more often for keeping track of it all here.
 I hope you are all well out there friends!



14 comments:

  1. Taisa...I have missed you here ~ but you know that already! Your boys are growing up so fast...and so beautifully! And I am so happy we got to "connect" this afternoon...made me smile huge!
    Hugs,
    xo Jules

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so very lovely to connect with you, dear friend! Big big hugs.

      Delete
  2. hello ... and snow! so exciting. new baby births and lichen dyed yarn, so much goodness for you all. sending snowflake dazzled blessings

    ~erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin! And yes, we are enjoying the snow!

      Delete
  3. I love the vest! Would you mind sharing the pattern? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is a pebble vest http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/pebble-henrys-manly-cobblestone-inspired-baby-vest. I knit in in the round rather than flat with buttons on the side. I think this is my 5th pebble now- I really love the pattern.

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I thought it might be. I have made four pebbles, myself, and the last one I made in the round. :-) I love the lichen yarn.

      Delete
  4. I have missed you, dear Taisa- I always get excited to see an update here!
    The vest is beautiful- how wonderful you were able to attend your friend's birth! <3
    I must say, to me, your little neice has the look of Dori about her, and she is so beautiful (as are your boys!).
    I love seeing the sweet busy life of your little boys, always they make me smile. Much love, Mel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mel- Yes, my niece reminds me of Dori as a baby too- such happy smiley little ones- both of them!xoxo

      Delete
  5. Hello Taisa,

    I have missed your posts. Glad to see you back. I love all of your pictures and snow already! Wow! What a special and wonderful experience to attend your friend's birth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah- it was a truly amazing experience- I felt so blessed to be there.

      Delete
  6. beautiful knitting and lovely to hear wee snippets of the busy going's on over there with you. sending you love and hugs x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! Love and hugs back to you!

      Delete
  7. It's funny. I usually think of the beginning of spring/summer when we start getting out more as the time for slow blogging. Blogging has been slow to me as well these days. Your new niece is beautiful!! I love all the building projects. They are truly awesome. xx

    ReplyDelete