Spring is being its usual fickle self around here- one day we are playing and knitting in the sunshine, the next hiding inside from the wind and hail and snow. This last dump has melted again, but there is more in the forecast and I am trying to remember that this is what spring looks like here, and to not take it personally!
We have a flock of about 20 red wing black birds that are eating from our feeder, and lots of other birds too. I've been keeping the kitchen window open a crack, even in the wind and snow, just to hear them.
I am needing lots of naps and rest the past few days, finding it hard to fight this cold- most of my usual herbs and remedies are not to be taken while pregnant so I am sipping chicken broth and hot lemon tea and hoping to feel halfway human again soon. The rest of the family is bouncing back quickly and are busy around me. Perry took the boys to their first spring swim lesson today- Dorian's first time ever and he was very proud of how big he is to be going to swim lessons too. It will be fun to be at the lake with them this summer- nursing a baby on the beach and watching my little fishies swim! For now we will welcome spring as it comes, and rest up for all that is ahead.






what are you knitting? looks gorgeous. hope you feel better soon dear friend x x
ReplyDeleteThanks Laura- I am knitting a baby blanket from yarn bits and pieces and having such fun with it! I'll post about it sometime...
DeleteLook at that rhubarb! We have so much snow that I am not sure when we will see ours! And what a lovely trip to the sun you had. It is so nice to show our little ones a bit of the big world that they so often ask about. We went to thailand a couple of years ago and my oldest still talks about it, even though he was only 3 years old back then. I think that trip will stick with him for the rest of his life! Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteYes, we are lucky this year, having has so little snow (though it is very dry,) so it is melting faster than usual. It is so special to be able to show the kids a little bit of the big world. We were just talking about Thailand- I think it would be a lovely place to travel with kids!
DeleteBe well, my friend! Lemon Balm tea is such a great safe tea for colds. It's one of my favourites.
ReplyDeleteMmm, I have some in my cupboard I think. Bedtime tea for me! Thanks for the suggestion- xoxox
Delete