Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Around here:
::dandelions

::baby knits- thumbless owl mitts (my first colourwork attempt- so fun!)

:: and more baby knits- 
an elephant milo - my second colourwork attempt-  and my first time with this pattern and I am in love. This vest is so tiny and super soft I have to pet it every time I walk past. 




:sewing- 
stacks of baby wipes and catching up on some old projects I found when cleaning out the sewing nook. Also sorting and organizing and getting rid of bags and bags of stuff and feeling so much happier to work in this little space.

 


 

::the circus has come to town-
the boys went to the real circus with their grandparents this past week and we've been treated to many shows on the farm since.
1. dandelion microphone for the ringmaster  2. strong man
3. dandelion dance
4 + 5. many fancy and entertaining acrobatics.

:: trying to keep up with the hummingbird's thirst.
::rhubarb. I wish we liked to eat it as much as we like to see it grow.

::Lots of art on the go. This is Dorian's picture of flying squirrels. 
::green- everything is growing so quickly with all the rain we've been having.

This last week and a half we've been blessed with a visit from Perry's parents, and it was such a lovely time. The boys are over-the-moon to spend time with them, and they are so lovely to have around and do so much while they are here. I felt so lucky to have some time to sort baby things and clean and nest and homeschool plan and just generally prepare for the next stage ahead. We were sad to bid them farewell this morning, but feeling so much more ready to be be welcoming a new little one into our family. Oh! A baby! We are so excited.

and me, I need so much sleep these days, I often don't make it past the kids. Goodnight!

5 comments:

  1. hello sweet Taisa,

    I think you got the circus after it came to us ~ though we never made it out to see! Trampoline fun...we just got the kids a trampoline, too. We were so hesitant about it, but it really is our way of "plugging them in". All that energy and they go jumping ~ brilliant! I can't belive we held off for so long. Your big boys are getting so, well, big. And I forget your due date just now, but am so excited for you. But that baby milo is just about the sweetest thing I've seen in a long time...I do believe my own womb gave a little nudge when I saw it :) Lots of hugs to you, Taisa. I'm holding you close in the weeks ahead!!!
    xo Jules

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jules. And yes, isn't the trampoline just the best? I am amazed at how much time they spend on it and it is always there (we left it out over the winter even!) to play on and blow off some big energy when the need arises (which is does many times a day!)Hugs back to you, dear Jules!

      Delete
  2. Oh Taisa, how similar our households are! The circus play that happens here each summer after a visit to a little homegrown circus which comes here!!
    Oh, you take me back to 3 years ago while we waited for our baby. Making wipes, knitting vests. . . how blessed you are! I want to go back in time!
    HUGSS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, if only we could get our little circus stars together for a big show! And yes, this time is pretty lovely, just getting things in order and waitingwaiting to see who it is that is coming to join our family! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Oh baby preparations are so fun! The kids look like they are having the time of their lives on the trampoline.
    Take care of you during this last stretch. Share your photos whenever you can, each one always tells a wonderful story. We'll be waiting for the big announcement when it comes!
    xoxo
    ~ joey ~

    ReplyDelete