Monday, July 08, 2013

Around here:
 The wild roses are blooming. Bringing them inside for Willa Rose.
The great jungle of a garden is growing- the weeds are epic with all the rain we've been having. Some of the plants are growing too.

 

The strawberries are coming. The boys are proud of these ones they grew themselves.

Slinging the baby and taming the weeds. Sweetness.


Playing inside when the rains and storms descend. I'm loving this knight plane.
 Cards.
 Guess who made Papa choose the Old Maid?
 Board games,

and lots of baby snuggling.
 Who could resist?
 She is just so snugly and sweet.



And she is happiest in someones arms, mostly mine, so that is where she can usually be found. I did forget a little how all consuming having a newborn is- it is such an incredible time- watching this wee being emerge and wake up to world, marveling at her amazing tiny sweetness and falling more and more in love with her every day. And at the same time, I had forgotten how little else gets done in a day- that pile of books and knitting I had thought I might get to has been utterly neglected. And the laundry and dishes and garden and cooking and cleaning just seems so much more than we can get done. 

But oh, this time is so short, I know that so fully, as my sweet boys race around me- impossibly big and independent- and I know this darling baby girl of mine will be racing around after them in no time at all. So I soak it all in and try to be present for every moment of it- her bright little eyes that watch me closely in the early morning when she wakes, her little tongue she will stick out- after some thought- if I stick out mine, the sound of her breathing beside me in the bed at night when she has finally fallen asleep. The soft velvet of her hair, the long tiny fingers, every little smile I can coax out of her. I love it and treasure it and know how quickly it all will pass. And I forgive myself when I can't resist a longing glance at the knitting and the stack of books and the laundry and the dishes even.   There is plenty of time for all that. This baby is right here, growing before my very eyes, wanting to be in my arms right now. Nothing could be more important than that.
  



8 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh, Taisa, you are so true when you write that nothing could be more important than just Being with your babe. Oh, my, she is just a wonder. Those precious first few months are a true small wonder indeed. You all look so full of happiness...soak it up, mama! Beautiful times!
    xo Jules
    P.S. I must say again, her name is simply wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos in this particular post are sure to bring back fond memories when the three of them are all running around together. The card games, board games, knight play and such sweet baby photos, oh my she is so cute I just want to snuggle her!
    You are so wise to treasure each day with your beautiful family!
    xoxo
    ~ joey ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Taisa, I am reliving my past births through you! This is indeed a magical and special time. You are so blessed!
    And she is so beautiful- I see her Mama's face in hers.
    Love and hugs, Mel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Made me teary. It's so true! Precious days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such sweetness! Such a beautiful baby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such a wise mama! Enjoy this precious time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am learning at the wise young age of 48, that life will repeatedly fall apart, run off the rails and turn asunder, and that each time it does, I will eventually rise up, dust off and build up again. Our year has seen challenges like no other, with my mom and elder care, and though I have no new babe to snuggle, I feel the same sense of laize-faire (i'm sure I spelled that wrong!) about what isn't done. I go to bed reminding myself only of the list of things I check off and let the rest go. Enjoy this sacred time and turn your face to the sun, and let the shadows fall behind you :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for sharing! Your blog is like a breath of fresh air every time I read it!!! You have the most awesome family ever!

    ReplyDelete