:: halloween decorating
:: paper shoes made by Dori,
:: Mama loves it when superheros use their powers to mop the floor.
:: pumpkins and spiders and witches abound.
There is lots of loveliness to report on here- a wonderful mellow Halloween with friends, a new grade 2 cultural/humanities block we are enjoying greatly, Dorian's wonderful creations of paper shoes and homemade books and endless wild stories, a baby who is rolling and cooing and charming us every day, celebrating my best friend's baby girl's first birthday, new projects on the go- but we had a real Halloween terror that makes it hard for me to write about anything else here in this space. Perry drove to work on Halloween morning and rolled the car down into a deep ditch. He is okay. Totally unscathed, amazingly. The car is a write off and I still can't talk about it, or hear the story about how it happened without breaking into a cold sweat. The road was icy. Our appointment to get the winter tires on had been delayed to the next day because we were waiting for some other parts to come in. He was running a little late. He is so very lucky. We are all so very lucky. I have been keeping my brain from going to all the scary places it wants to go- the what ifs that make me shiver with fright. We are all okay, but holding each other a little tighter. Oh this fragile, fragile life. How precious it is. How lucky we are to have each other.




Love you sweet sister. So thankful Perry is ok. I desperately need a superhero floor mopper at my house!
ReplyDeleteThanks love. If only you lived a little closer, I would send him to do your floors too- he's a tireless little hero, this one. But you know that!
DeleteOh, I am so, so sorry that you had to go through that! And so, so, so very glad that everything turned out alright!
ReplyDeleteThanks Melody. <3
DeleteSorry you had to go through that! I'm glad that you are all well.
ReplyDeleteThank you Sarah!
DeleteWhat a horrible ordeal for you all, glad it was only the car that was damaged.
ReplyDeleteOh Taisa...that sounds terrifying. It is indeed a fragile fragile life, and I am reminded of that daily. Perhaps that is good, to remember to be grateful for all that is precious. Hugs to you and your family.
ReplyDeletexo Jules
P.S. I remember Forrest making paper shoes for a long while a few years ago, or last year? Hilarious. And hard to get off once they are on. ;)
Oh Taisa! I cannot tell you how glad I am that Perry is fine, that you are all together! How terrifying! HUGS
ReplyDeleteShea used to looove to make paper shoes!
HUGS again, Mel