Friday, January 31, 2014

Feeling thankful:
 

: for kitchen time with my boys who are such good helpers. And for a successful sourdough rye bread that we all enjoyed after our labors.
 : for a lovely birthday spent with my sweet ones- for breakfast in bed, and hand made cards and treasures from my little boys (a bowl made by Dori entirely from corks and masking tape, and this clock from Ari that will allow me to feel the birthday love all the year long!) for a visit from my dear dear friend and her precious baby daughter, for gifts and phone calls and well wishes from far and wide, and for gifts from my love, including an amazing dinner and cake made for me! I am so lucky.

 : for morning walks, and for afternoon outside time for the big boys, and those few quiet moments in the afternoon while they play outside on their own.
 : for getting back into our homeschool routine after a week of a flu bug (and for none of us getting all that sick,) 




 : for my big boy's discovery of jacks and for Willa's giggles when she watches him throw the ball and snatch the up the jacks. Hilarius baby entertainment!

 : for finally knitting a hat that fits her.
 :and this face. oh this face! (though do excuse all the out of focus pictures lately- something is up with my lens...)
 
: for little boys who play and play and play.
and for a spontaneous supper picnic by the fire this week where we all pretended we were eating on the beach, watching the wildlife and swatting imaginary mosquitoes, for managing to watch a movie with my husband, (though it took us two nights and several stops to nurse a teething baby to get through it!)  for my wonderful parents who sent Perry and I out for a birthday dinner together and took care of all 3 kids (and got the baby to sleep besides!) and for the excitement of the week ahead with my sister and my niece coming for a visit- hurray! 
Happy weekend friends!

11 comments:

  1. so much beauty and joy :-) happy birthday x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this gratitude list, Taisa! Happy happy birthday to you...though I think I managed another greeting elsewhere, right? Your big boy is getting so, well, big...just like mine. And all the wonderful things you have been up to echo what is happening here, too. Oh, the outdoor playtime, however brief, brings a little peace to our busy days! And Willa...sighs, she is sure a pleasure to look at. Love your hat! And you!!!!
    xo Jules

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jules! And yes, those big boys- so big! It boggles the mind sometimes, doesn't it?

      Delete
  3. Oh Taisa, I love this list!
    I thought of you around our birthday time. . . Happy Happy birthday! It looks like you were showered with love!
    And oh yes, that face! She is just perfect! And she looks so good in purple too!
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mel- and birthday hugs your way too- someday maybe we'll share a birthday tea together!

      Delete
  4. Sweet gnomey girl! A happy belated birthday to you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Taisa
    Happy Birthday! Thank you for being so vocally grateful. I am sooooo grateful for your presence in my life. Did Willa get our package?
    love Jenny D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeeeeennyyyy! Yes, she got it! Thank you so much! I have been so bad about writing, but a big long letter and thank you have been on my list for way too long. Thank you so much for the sweet Willa gifts, and for the little treasure for me too! We miss you guys a ton. I'll write you a proper letter soon, I promise! Big hugs to the 4 of you, Taisa

      Delete
  6. Hello (: I popped over here after following a trail from Heirloom Seasons (: Your blog is lovely, a very refreshing read, and your photographs are awesome! I'm Canadian too, a homesteader and homeschooler; It's nice to happen across a like-minded soul. I will visit again (: Best wishes from Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Taisa...what precious moments! Your son discovered jacks, my favorite past time :) m. by the way... Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete