Lots of snow and then lots of rain. A sleigh ride with friends. Making the quickest supper I can think of (chicken soup with dumplings,) so I can keep reading my book. A baby so sweet I can hardly keep from kissing her up every moment. A Krishna comic book sent from India by dear friends and the resulting play and drawing it has inspired. A little boy who takes costumes and being in character very seriously- in the past few days he has been: a wizard, a cat, a knight, Oscar the grouch, a cowboy, a robber and Krishna. The trampoline that gets as much use in the winter as in the summer. Lovely phone calls with dear ones. Sitting in the rocking chair by the fire and holding a sleeping baby in my arms. Evening chapter book time with my biggest boy- laughing together tonight at a funny chapter. A warm bed awaiting me. It is good. Goodnight friends.
Wednesday, January 15, 2014
Lots of snow and then lots of rain. A sleigh ride with friends. Making the quickest supper I can think of (chicken soup with dumplings,) so I can keep reading my book. A baby so sweet I can hardly keep from kissing her up every moment. A Krishna comic book sent from India by dear friends and the resulting play and drawing it has inspired. A little boy who takes costumes and being in character very seriously- in the past few days he has been: a wizard, a cat, a knight, Oscar the grouch, a cowboy, a robber and Krishna. The trampoline that gets as much use in the winter as in the summer. Lovely phone calls with dear ones. Sitting in the rocking chair by the fire and holding a sleeping baby in my arms. Evening chapter book time with my biggest boy- laughing together tonight at a funny chapter. A warm bed awaiting me. It is good. Goodnight friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











Dear Taisa...sleigh rides with friends! Your torturing me...I seem to remember you posting something like that last year, no? For the life of me, I have tried to find a sleigh ride place here and it is far more challenging than I dreamed. I so want to do that with my family...it is high high high on my list of things to do. Your little girl is just so darling...and so much like her big brothers. Would you believe Miss Sunshine had the very same dress? And here is one last similarity...those comic books! My MIL is a devotee of Yogananda and her house is full of those and we ourselves have one book on Gopal (before he grew up to be Krishna, so he is this darling little blue skinned boy). Funny that. Now you are in bed, and I ought to head there myself. Good night!
ReplyDeletexo Jules
P.S. I love your photos...especially the icicle one!
Yes Jules, we do the sleigh ride every year. I'll just keep dangling that carrot, and maybe one winter it'll get you up here! I love that Sunshine had the same dress- I adore it, it is on loan from her sweet big cousin. Love that you have these comics too!
DeleteOh goodness, I am kinda just in love with Willa now!
ReplyDeleteAnd snow and sleigh rides! Surely the snow will soon be headed here, it is so dry and brown at the moment, making no sense for Colorado winter. At least we have horses! No sleighs. But sleigh ride dreams…
XO Renee
You'll have to come up too, and join us for a ride, Renee!
DeleteOoh Taisa, Willa is so precious! I cannot get over how much she looks like you, to me!
ReplyDeleteAll this warm goodness, during the cold season- and you have so much snow!
HUGS
Thanks Mel. And we did have a lot of snow there for a bit, before it poured rain again! Such strange weather this year. xo
Deleteoooh, I love Super Nutrition for Babies! We make the gelatin jigglers and the coconut custard all the time for our 16 month old!
ReplyDeleteYes, this one is new to us, and I'm really loving it and wishing I had owned it when my boys were small too. I was just looking at the gelatine recipe!
Delete