The weather has warmed up and we are outside more again. It almost feels spring-ish, though I know better than to get my hopes up, there is still lots of winter ahead and that is okay too. We missed our Imbolc/Candlemass candle-making day (still planning on dipping some candles at some point,) but we sure have been noticing a change in the light- a happy reminder that spring one day will come. Valentines was a sweet little celebration with paper hearts and flowers and heart shaped crepes. Ari did his 100th show on the community radio and it created quite a stir- he got 3 interviews-1 newspaper and 2 on different CBC shows, and handled it all like a pro. And the station manager who is a good friend made him this terrific gold record (and also took this photo) which he is rather thrilled with -as you can see!
Other things: We saw a huge great grey owl on our driveway the other day- such magic to watch it swoop from tree to tree.
There have been a lot more sick bugs in the house this year than in past years- nothing serious, but enough to throw things off the rails a bit.
Listening to lots of stories on tape- A Mouse Called Wolf was enjoyed this weekend. Dorian has almost memorized some of Jill Tomlinson's stories- they really are so perfect for this age and he adores the accent of the woman who reads them. (and looking up this link I realize there are several here we have not read/heard- good to know as winter marches on!)
Willa is such a wonder- gosh we enjoy this baby girl! Tonight she was copying Dorian's movements- wiggling from side to side and up and down- knowing she was making a good joke. And I could just snuggle her sweet little self all the day long. My favorite moment is lifting her out of bed after a nap when she is all warm and sleepy and cuddly. Oh sweet baby girl, we love you!
And looking for a new book, preferable one that would be good to read aloud with my love- any suggestions?
Goodnight friends!









One of my favourite books ever is The Housekeeper and the Professor ( http://www.amazon.com/The-Housekeeper-Professor-Yoko-Ogawa/dp/0312427808/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392815275&sr=8-1&keywords=the+housekeeper+and+the+professor ) Such a lovely story!
ReplyDeleteA new title for me- thanks! I'll have to check it out!
DeleteOh Taisa, one of our favorites is the great gray! I don't think we have it here!
ReplyDeleteI thought of you and your kiddos when we saw it!
DeleteI enjoy seeing glimpses of your daily life - so sweet and simple. We have also had quite a bit of sickness here too - usually we are very healthy but this winter has been a practice of patience, love and slowing down.
ReplyDeleteThanks Tonya, sorry to hear the bugs have been bugging you guys too! Yes, slowing down. Trying anyway!
DeleteTaisa...When I see your photos and all the things you are up to (and especially some of the more materialistic aspects like that pirate hat! that fabric! those cards!) it is so crazy how similar our households are! And I am always gifted potted flowers on Valentine's Day...it has become a tradition and we plant them in our spring garden. Can you believe the snow we are having? It seems like we rewound to early winter...big fluffy snowflakes falling...I do so love it like this! I never was able to hear the podcast of Ari, I tried a few times but I'm such a luddite I couldn't figure it out...I'll wait to hear the real thing, maybe, in person one day soon!!!! And books for your boys to read aloud...we are currently on book 5 of Little House, and we just began Charlotte's Web last night for Forrest. Also, we enjoyed Mr. Popper's Penguins and Robin Hood. Yes, the Early Classic Starts Robin Hood and King Arthur books were great! Have a great day,
ReplyDeletexo Jules
Hmm, I wonder why you couldn't hear the podcast? The link works for me- maybe some program you need on your end? (not very computer savvy here either!) I love your spring tradition of planting the bulbs! And I'll have to check out those early classic books- my boys would love those! xo
Delete