Wednesday, November 01, 2006
prince Ari
With many Halloween festivities cancelled because of the snow, we held an impromptu party up here on the farm to attempt to ease the disappointment for the little ones. Our family hadn't planned on doing much anyway- toddler parties and fireworks not sounding much like Ari's style at this stage, so I hadn't figured on a costume. So, with a party to attend, the crafting newbie had to whip up a little something special (I never imagined myself as the kind of mom that would whip up a costume, but I'm liking it!) Using the vest that he never wore to his auntie and uncle's Bengali wedding (it was too big, but he did wear the shirt that it came with,) and a quickly sewn felt crown, he was transformed into Prince Ari. I found a shawl and string of star garland for me (the queen mother) and Perry, from a box in the back barn, donned a blue wig and that strange goth tie-dye shirt he's had (and loved) since high school (the jester.) I wont post the parent's terrible pics, but here is Ari, stunned by all the costumes and noisy Halloween hoopla.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A friend forwarded your blog to me to read your discription of your non-commune. I found myself reading everything and admiring your beautiful baby! What a perfect little man.
ReplyDeleteaw gee, thanks. I think he's pretty great, but I'm not sure mom's opinions get counted on these matters.
ReplyDelete