Friday, February 23, 2007

fabric virgin

I just got my first order of fabric in the mail. It was a birthday present to myself (as well as this beautiful yellow scarf I ordered from Soulemama's etsy shop. I almost never buy stuff for myself so this was a special splurge but I am starting to worry that the scarf has gotten lost in the mail. I am praying to the god of small precious handmade treasures that it still makes its way to me.) It has been a rough week with a family member in the hospital and my babe sick with a fever and cough. So my very first fabric splurge arriving is a ray of sunlight. These birds make me a little giddy. I can't get the picture to capture their sweetness, but they are sweet as can be. Now I just have to learn how to sew something.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with your sewing! The fabrics are very pretty. I find that the more you sew, the more you tend to hoard fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet fabric. i spent ages in the fabric store today perusing poential dress fabric for lila, only to admit to myself that i can't sew and am unlikely to learn before her b.day (3 weeks!). i'm eager to see what you make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopped lurking and started commenting.....

    The fabrics you've chosen are beautiful. I particularly like the red one with the butterflies. It's nice to be able to get inspiration from other blogs and to find source for "cool" stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been lurking for awhile but want to come out and tell you how much I love your blog. It's so peaceful - and the whole baby/toddler thing - I can relate.

    Good luck with your fabric. I especially like the red butterfly one. Where'd you get your fabric from? I just bought a whole bunch in the past couple of weeks (but haven't purchased it online yet - so tempting though) and I have only limited sewing experience, though I do have some projects in mind.

    ReplyDelete