We have been making a good effort on weekends to get out into the woods. Now that we have weekends that is. Before Perry returned to full time work the days just sort of all blended together into a lovely unstructured jumble, now we have to make the most of our family time. I know this is what most everyone does- this full time working thing, but having mostly both ascribed to the work-as-little-as-possible-to-make-time-for-real-life philosophy, the 9-5 thing takes some getting used to. Plus teachers don't work 9-5. They work 8-3, send the kids home, work 3-5 at school marking and cleaning up messes, come home, have dinner and play with the baby and then work from 8-midnight prepping for the next day. So weekends are precious.
Ari loves them too, lots of Papa time and lots of time to hug the trees and visit the neighbourhood pets. I can hardly wait until the snow melts and getting outside is less of a chore. Ari will be in his glory crawling about on the grass (may even be walking by then! Yikes!) and I will be able to just wander outside with him without the dreaded snowsuit struggle. The snow was melty today though and we could all imagine spring will one day come and this made us all smiley.


These photos are super sweet, but I admit, a little more sun and some bare baby toes on green grass would be even sweeter! I agree - spring, hurry, hurry, hurry!
ReplyDeleteI just found your blog. My baby is 12 months and we also have plenty of snow here. But I love winter, even if it's difficult with someone so little. The paper picture looks so familiar - my baby loves toilet rolls.
ReplyDelete