Monday, March 12, 2007

around the house


This is what it looks like in our house this afternoon. A baby asleep in the hammock (still in his PJ's,) ...

...baskets of clean laundry waiting to be folded and put away...

...dinner on the go...
...WIP's laying about. A gnomey hat halfway done...
...and a pair of summer pants I am making Ari. I made them by tracing some of his favorites (and adding a bit so they fit in a few months hopefully,) inspired by these great pants made by soulemama and tinyhappy. They are made from my old favorite summer pants, linen ones that were sooo comfy, I was sad to see them go, but they were wearing out in the bottom. The legs were still good though so Ari gets to experience the comfy pants this summer. So fun to turn something old into something new! They will have two of the reinforced knees once I'm done with them- those knees get so much wear and tear with a crawling babe.

As soon as the baby wakes we'll head out into the sun. It is warm and the snow is melting and I can almost imagine we may one day see spring.

7 comments:

  1. Does he always sleep in that hammock? Is it something you made/improvised or is it a proper hammock or some kind of baby gadget? It looks so interesting! Jack had to sleep in his swing for the first 8 months due to his reflux, and I always thought a hammock might work too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute baby! Sleeping babies look so peaceful and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All so sweet. Your blog warms my heart : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. that hammock does look so cosy and comfy. lucky boy!
    the pants you are making him will be great- i love that natural linen look on babes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hammock is impressive! It looks so relaxing! Beautiful pictures -thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so wonderful! Makes me want to come have a cup of tea and some soup, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I meant to comment when I read this the first time - I haven't been as 'commenty' as I wish I could lately. I love the pants, isn't it nice that with having a boy at least you can make super cute pants? So many say that sewing for girls gives more options and it's probably true, but these pants are sweet and the idea makes way for so many more...
    And pants are probably one of the 'easiest' things to sew. Makes me wonder why I haven't done it much for my guys!

    ReplyDelete