Monday, March 05, 2007

playing in the big house

One thing that I really love about living on this farm/(not) commune/ ranch is the "big house." It was built by the original owners as their church hall and dining area (none of the houses had working kitchens when we moved in since they all ate their meals together,) and the large basement was used as a school. It is a whole lot of house for us, though we use it as much as we can: there are home offices upstairs, Perry has his art studio there, the downstairs is a massive playroom full of all the toys that no one wants in their own houses, and we have had many a large shindig in the big room complete with live music and dancing. I have just started taking Ari there to play lately when we get bored of our house or when the weather is yucky as it is now. I don't know why I haven't used it more this winter, it is only a stone's throw from our little home.

He always starts out looking a little overwhelmed at all the space, what with being cooped up in our teensy house most of the time, but he warms up to the idea pretty fast.And then there is no stopping him. He could crawl and "run" (holding my hand) around here all day long. And we wont even start on the basement. All those plastic toys! Balloons! Barbie cars and dread locked dolls and decrepit fooz ball tables! What fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment