Saturday, May 12, 2007

a few things


At least once a week when I go into town for a play date or visit with my mom I hit the thrift store. These are a few things I've gathered recently. These books are sort of like that invitation to the secret sewing society I was looking for. Tons of hints and ideas. I should have known that what I really needed was to read some books. I got a ton of patterns too, the ones shown and a bunch of old softie patterns. I especially love the one for doll clothes- it was well used and has a cut but still unsewn piece in the envelope. Gold weave panties. Eww. Probably best they never got sewn.I also dyed an old wool yellow blanket a few days ago inspired by mollychicken's woolyness and soulemama's love of wool. What fun!I used dylon dye- scarlet and havana brown- and just kept adding different pieces to the dyepot to get a bunch of different shades. I tried to choose colours that would work alright with the yellow and I'm pleased with what I got although the lightest shade of scarlet needs to be re-dyed because it came out blotchy. I'm not quite sure what my first project with it should be though I'm itching (ha!) to make some more softies soon.

1 comment:

  1. I love those blanket squares!! I can't wait to see what you do with them....

    ReplyDelete