
A few days ago a package arrived out of the blue from Scotland.
Di crafted this amazing little blanket for Ari, made from the softest felted wool and sweet embroidery. The birds are my favorite, and Ari loves to point them out saying "bir" over and over. The lifty bits are a big hit, especially this sweet little cloud with raindrops hidden beneath.

Thank you so much Di for the blanket and the treats for me too. Such a wonderful surprise!

Today I harvested the garlic from the garden. This is the first year we've grown our own, we never seemed to remember to get it in the ground in the fall, but last year we managed to plant it right before our October snowstorm. It smells amazing and we had some roasted tonight and it tastes so much better than anything you can buy in a store. I am still trying to find a place to dry it out though. The smell is so strong that it fills the house immediately. Maybe I'll find a spot in the barn tomorrow.

Ari was very helpful pulling it up, he's started making these adorable hard-work noises when he's undertaking something he thinks is big and heavy and important. Not sure where he learned that- I don't do that, do I?
The blanket is awesome.
ReplyDeleteI remember when Jack started making a lip smacking noise after drinking. Haha, what an insight into the noises *we* make, eh?
What a thoughtful gift :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute blanket! I'm certain children can feel the emotional warmth of handmade things. What a lucky boy he is, being surrounded by such things.
ReplyDeleteHello!! Thank you for the nice comments on the blanket and also for the beautiful pictures you took of Ari with the blanket! Your photos always inspire so much and these make me love the little blanket even more!!
ReplyDeletethe garlic looks amazing - I bet that the smell is fabulous. I remember once when working with the National Trust we were to remove a bed of garlic from the driveway of a local stately home - my gloves stank for months afterwards - everytime I opened my cupboard I wondered what the smell was!!
what a beautiful blanket. i love the little 'lifty' bits and the embroidery. a truly wonderful handmade gift!
ReplyDelete