I've been on a bit of a sockdog sewing kick lately. I think these are the last ones for a bit, but who knows, there might be other lonely socks in the bottom of a basket somewhere begging for reincarnation.I made these lovepups for my dear friends who are backpacker/outdoorsy, dog loving types and who both still treasure their childhood stuffed animals. Not exactly a typical wedding gift, but I though it suited their zany-ness. Besides, they have all the gear they need, but they didn't have adventure softies to take with them. So I stepped in to fill the gap.
Each pup has a backpack to take on trips and a flannel sleeping mat that fits inside. The sleeping mats can be used separately,
or they can be tied together for optimal cuddling. Which is how they like it.
I love the cuddling sock doggies. :-)
ReplyDeletethose are SO cute - what a great gift idea. very clever.
ReplyDeletetoo cute!!
ReplyDeleteThese are just beautiful! I would much rather have a home made gift made with love than anything you can buy in a shop! I think that these make a fabulous wedding gift! I love the idea - the little backpack and the little sleeping mat! Love it!
ReplyDeleteThey're adorable!
ReplyDeleteHow absolutely charming those pups are! adorable :)
ReplyDeleteHello, I have only just come upon your blog and have started to check back at regular intervals.I must comment on those cute sockpups. I have never made any kind of sock puppet for my kids as they are into mermaids and mythical creature.But hey a sock could make a very good tail.
ReplyDeleteCheers.
i think my heart is breaking. i love those pups so very much. what a wonderful wedding gift!
ReplyDeleteThe sock pups are adorable - love your fabric choices and your details too - the backpacks - how cute! What a clever gift!
ReplyDeleteVery very adorable sock dogs. Are they from "Sock and Glove"?
ReplyDeleteThey're so cute!! I would die with happiness if I'd get something unique like that. Did you have instructions, or is it your own design?
ReplyDeleteWhat a lot of personality packed into a small dog! They are gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteJust popped over from Kirstencan - love your blog!
Oh, be still my heart...I love your doggies, their accessories, and of course the story about where they will be living. Great!
ReplyDelete