Sunday, December 23, 2007

We're in!

We made it into our house, just before the throngs arrived and the Solstice party started. Things are still rather sparse, as most boxes are still unpacked but we'll be able to settle in slowly and spend the holidays together in our "new" home. I am so very glad. We even managed to get a tree today, and Ari loves last years thrift store candle tree (so many to blow out at the end of dinner!) He is adapting pretty well and we are trying to keep things as mellow as possible with all that there is to do. I think he's pretty happy with the new space.
And Sammy is done! I still have some last minute crafting for other gifts, but this one is done. He has not made his arrival yet though, I am waiting for a time when things feel a little less hectic so that Ari can really get to know him.
Here is the detail on his clothes- that bird trim makes me happy.
And here he is snuggled (squished might be a better word) into a wooden doll cradle my mom found at a garage sale last summer. And the fuzzy acrylic blanket? That was my doll blanket as a girl. Makes me all sentimental.
There was a lovely solstice gathering at the farm last night. A potluck and candle lit walk through the woods that the kids just loved. The moon was out and the night was warm. Most of the pictures I took looked like this:There was also a sun pinata that Ari took a swing at and managed to bump lightly a few times before the big kids got to breaking it open. He filled his pockets with coloured feathers and jingle bells, completely bypassing the candy (I don't expect that to last forever!) He woke up this morning saying "kieeds!" (kids) and "party!" and we assured him that there was going to be plenty of festivities to be had in the days to come.
Merry Merry!

14 comments:

  1. Whey hey! I am so glad that the new house is habitable and that you aren't sleeping with 200 other people in the big house! I hope that you all have a fantastic Christmas and that Ari loves Sammy (who is just the cutest!!)

    Di

    ReplyDelete
  2. The doll is gorgeous.

    Even at 3+, I am pretty sure Jack would still go for the bells and feathers and the candy would be an afterthought. (Although he does love candy, he likes shiny, fun things better.) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations - such marvelous news. And Sammy, oh, he looks incredible (good job! you inspire me). High fives for the bird trim.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Yay!!
    Joyous Yule Tidings to you and your family. I'm glad you are in your own space, that is SO huge. The doll turned out wonderfully. I'm jealous of his sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful news! Congratulations! (We get to see pictures, right?? :) ) You doll turned out to be so precious. I just know he's going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on moving into your house - yahoo!

    It sounds like Ari is really enjoying the festivities.

    Your doll is just lovely!!! I love everything about it down to the bird details (so cute!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. That doll is beautiful, a real treasure made with love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your new home! Your photos always have great atmosphere. I love the doll. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, you don't know me but I stumbled upon your website while in search of Waldorf based reading recommendations. I am a dollmaker, and I must say, that your doll is so scrumptious that I am willing to bet he tastes like banana bread with chocolate chips. Oh, and by the way your reading list is very good, but I guess I am biased as most of the titles are to be found on our bookshelves.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear you got into your own place! I know how precious that is, we just moved a few months back into the house we have been building for a few years now... It still lacks so many things but it is good to live in here at last! Sammy turned out really cute, congratulations! And all the best for the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy housewarming to you!! What a long journey to home it's been.

    Sammy is so ADORABLE! Those incredible details are so amazing. You are very talented. I'm sure he will be treasured for a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  12. sammy is such a wonderful doll! great job, t. i love that he has your pre-loved doll's blanket too- so nice to keep childhood things in use always. happy new year, small wonders family!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi - I found your blog through your post on the Rowdy Pea. I'm loving your blog and will surely be back again. I was thinking of making my daughter a doll for her birthday in April and was curious if you used a kit or a pattern or a book to make your sons sweet doll? I have seen book and patterns and the like - would just love another crafty moms opinion!

    THANKS

    ReplyDelete