It took a few minutes after waking up from his nap for the party reality to sink in (we waited to tell him, knowing he would never get that nap in otherwise,) but he warmed up to the idea quickly.
It was a beautiful day so we just put the food out on picnic tables and let the kids graze and play in the sunshine. They had so much fun and Ari was such a star, greeting people when they came without any prompting, happily letting his friends open his presents (we asked for none on the invitations, but of course, many came anyway!) and playing hard. This boy loves a party!


The party favours were mixed CD's of Ari's favourite songs, which he helped decorate. This Dan Zanes song featured prominently, since he requests it daily, plus lots of Elizabeth Mitchell. And the Beatles. Somehow he has become a very big fan.
And apologies for being a bad blogger lately. I have severe computer aversion since spring has sprung. I want only to be in the garden or walking in the woods or sitting in my sunny studio. I have a hard time making eye contact with the computer when I walk by. There is always lots I could do- blogs to write, photos to download, things to research (coldframes, sandboxes, maternity skirt patterns,) but I'm afraid of getting sucked in, and wasting any minutes of these precious springy days. I'll try to pop in now and then, if only just to post a picture. There is lots to report on, just limited reporting time!
Great party and favors! And what a good idea to request no gifts--I'm sure that at least cut down on the number. I'll try that if/when we throw a kid party for Dieter in the future. (So far he's never had a kid party--his birthday is so close to Christmas it's overwhelming to even think about). Happy spring to you!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Ari!! It looks like a great party! I was at a 1st birthday party on Sunday - not sure Beatriz quite knew what was happening but she enjoyed herself!
ReplyDeleteI look forward to your occasional posts - enjoy the sun!!