:: buds on Ari's placenta apple tree::We've been having some internet trouble caused by an incident involving a yet-unburied Internet cable and a lawnmower that has been keeping me from blogging. All is well now, though burying the cable still remains on the to-do list- an item I suspect will not be checked off until Perry's summer holidays begin. And we are counting down fairly obsessively for that moment to arrive (two weeks, one day, three hours to go...)

::skirts- finished and in progress- to accommodate the ever expanding belly::
It feels busy right now- the garden demands so much attention this time of year, and Perry has been building a little green house so we can finally grow some tomatoes and cucumbers. We are still shuffling things around from our big reno- trying to clear all the still-packed boxes out of the communal basement space (our land-mates have been hinting at meetings that they really would appreciate the space to be cleared out... ahem,) spreading dirt over the mud pit left behind by the big machines so grass may one day grow again, digging up new areas in the garden to grow even more potatoes to provide for a winter with ever increasing food prices... the list goes on. I have been retreating to the craft room now and then to get away from the giant list and rest my aching hips (I don't think I hurt this much last time....)
The skirts above were made using See Mommy Sew's great maternity skirt tutorial which adds a nice wide belly band to a simple A-line skirt pattern. I suspect I'll be getting more use out of these than just pregnancy, they are super comfy.


::tiny little freezer paper stencil shirts for the growing babe::
These images were inspired from decals and fabric at Print and Pattern- I love browsing through all the images there. I've started thinking of the baby as "little radish" since making this shirt. A good nickname, no?

:: hanging tomato plant::

:: basil growing in the new greenhouse::
Although it is difficult to ever feel like our work is done, I do love this time of year, the green and growing, busy beautiful life buzzing around us. It seems right to have a garden and a baby growing right along with it all. It's a good life.
It certainly looks like lots of lovely things are growing round and about your home! Belly included!
ReplyDeleteIt is so lovely to have sun and see plants growing, flowers blooming and fun being had!