Saturday, June 28, 2008

the gnome that saved the day

We've had a bug over here, and some sleepless nights and cranky days. We are feeling better now, but I just had to show this little fellow who cheered up my cranky toddler on an especially grumpy sick day. I found him in the rainy-day box, and watching the gnome tumble down the board made Ari giggle and eventually get off the couch to give it a try. And thankfully he could set the gnomey fellow a-tumblin' all by himself. Which he did a good many times. And demonstrated again when Papa got home. Aside from colds and flus and recoveries we've been busy with fun things too, lots of dinners with friends, dancing and crafting and general merry making. I made these shirts for two young friends turning 3. A double, pirate themed birthday party held at the gymnastics club with 20-some kiddos invited. Pure, delightful mayhem.

And while I had the freezer paper stencil stuff out, I couldn't help making one for Ari too. He is quite enamoured with bikes lately.

And we are busy celebrating the end of the semester and the beginning of Perry's holidays! Yipee! We have a date set for list making- aside from the lounging about and visiting the beach, we also have a whole lot of things we want to accomplish around here. Nesty things. Because this mama hen is itchin to get our nest organized and in ship shape for the autumn's hatchling.

6 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that Ari was sick and glad he's feeling better. So the summer holidays are here already = that's good - nice to have time to get the house in order!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJune 30, 2008

    I just want to say I have been reading you blog for a while now and love it. It's so inspiring to me and you make such beautiful things, I am so envious you have the time, lol I have 7 children and would love to live such an idylic lifestyle as yours (or so it seems to me anyway). I was so pleased to read you are expecting another baby, congratulations to you.
    How did you make the tumbling gnome? He is so cute, I know my youngest 2 would love him.
    Bright blessings.
    Lucie
    foreverj2@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the happy skull and crossbones. Where did you find the stencil? If you drew it yourself you are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We too had the bug. Glad you are all better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Lucie, thanks for the encouraging words! I didn't make the gnome myself, I purchased it from playful pixie when they were going out of buisness. If you google "tumbling gnome" you will find places that sell them though, and they are quite cheap. Probably easy to make too, though I din't know for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Mary Beth- No I didn't design the stencil- I traced it from a shirt my brother had bought Ari. I love that it is so cheerful looking!

    ReplyDelete