Friday, November 21, 2008

here to stay

We've had snow for over a week now and it is clear that winter is here for keeps. Ari is mighty pleased and looks out the window every morning saying "look at all the snow, Mama!" He and Perry have been going out in the mornings for sledding and playing and he comes back with rosy cheeks and lots of stories to tell. I have been meaning to get out with them too, but it is hard to give up that one little piece of the day to coo at the baby and knit in peace. It will be a shocker when Perry goes back to work and I have to do these things all by myself. I'm just not thinking about that yet.
Knitting is really all I want to do, and it is the only crafty thing that feels realistic with Dorian in tow. I've had a few rounds at the sewing machine, but it is hard to get up the the sewing room. Much easier to sit in the big comfy chair by the fire and nurse the babe and knit while commenting on Ari's amazing flying leaps into the hammock chair. Most of my christmas projects will be made while doing just that.

2 comments: