Friday, December 12, 2008

full moon walk

Today the advent gnome told us we would be going for a moonlit walk after supper. Ari was thrilled, and we donned our snow gear, bundled the baby into the sling and headed out into the windy night. It is magic out there, the moon so big and bright, the snow lit up, the wind kicking up the powder into moonlit clouds. If it wasn't for the cold wind and the approaching bedtime we would have stayed out longer, but instead we trouped inside for PJ's and bedtime stories. Now both boys are asleep and the fire is crackling and Perry and I are bustling away on Christmas projects.


My parents had Ari for a few hours today and I got some time to coo at Dorian and take yet more photographs of him. He is wearing a pair of wool pants I made him from the sleeves of a wool sweater, they work well as a diaper cover and are pretty cute too. I'd like to make up more of these from the ever growing pile of thrifted sweaters in my studio. And did I mention I am madly in love with this baby? Because I am. He just melts my heart with his sweetness.


He laughed for the first time today. When I scooped him up out of the swing (which he likes an awful lot,) to get him dressed for our walk he just started chuckling. I'm not sure what was so funny, but I'll take any baby giggle I can get.

2 comments:

  1. such a wonderful idea - it sounds beautiful. And hey, if you ever want to share your wool sweater baby pants making tricks with us, I am amenable to that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Full moon walk sounds so lovely and magical. Baby Dorian looks so sweet. You take such wonderful picture such a treat to the eyes.

    ReplyDelete